On January 8, we rolled out a batch of fixes to the release editing tool and analytics dashboard, including the following:
Release editing tool
- Increased the lag on pop-up help menus – Although many users (particularly those newer to the release creation process) liked the pop-up help menus, the velocity with which they appeared was fast so we have introduced a 2.5 second delay on the pop-up.
- Keyword character limitation on URL customization field – We’ve introduced a field-based 25-character limitation to each of the URL customization fields. The limitation was already there however it was being represented as a validation error instead of being field-based.
- Tickers for quotables and headlines – There are now tickers available for both quotables and headlines so you can see how much runway you have for these pieces of content.
- Inclusion of export functionality – ‘Export’ functionality was absent in the beta launch of analytics and has been added back in (in PDF, CSV and XML).
- Introducing ‘legend’ into impressions, reads and interactions – Graphs for impressions, reads and interactions show both cumulative and counts by day. We’ve added a legend back in to help people distinguish the difference between these two.
In addition, there were several additional updates to both the release editing tool and analytics dashboard probably not worth noting at this point in time.
This Friday we are going to be introducing some additional fixes to the analytics dashboard that I’ll be adding to a subsequent blog posting.