Customer segmentation, database management and technology integration were the dominant themes discussed during a recent Visible Webcast on “Social CRM – the Move from Buzzwords to Action” with guest presenter Zach Hofer-Shall of Forrester Research. Zach shared the four things marketers need to know about social CRM, namely:
- Start with a Database: Maintaining accurate records, clean and updated customer profiles and customer segmentation data are all critical to success.
- Think Integrated Technologies: Even though no end-to-end social CRM solutions exist today companies can create the foundation for robust future growth by combining social listening platforms with existing traditional CRM systems.
- Use strategic Social Planning: Well-defined measurable goals and a scalable social engagement program are critical ingredients for global implementation.
- Empower Traditional Marketing: Social CRM can improve customer targeting and messaging and enhance marketing measurement programs.
Zach also underscored that many marketers today listen to online conversations and understand the value of social data, but very few act on the insights, capitalize on the real value of the data and integrate it with other customer relationship strategies. Zach’s insights dovetail exactly with what’s been our experience in the evolution of social CRM. Some of our early work has centered around:
- Metrics Development: The need to start with metrics early on in the planning process.
- Team Integration: How to build a successful team within the existing operation and conduct the required knowledge transfer for success.
- Scalability Mentality: Every learning has enterprise implications. Thinking big and globally is key even if you start with a one-person pilot.
You can watch an on-demand replay of the Webcast any time from our site. As always, we welcome your comments and insights.