This list is not the typical, the “influential” or the “I have hundreds of thousands of followers” type-list. This is a list of people on Twitter who I found that tweet valuable information on public relations, social media, search engine optimization and marketing—all of which combined make up our roles as PR pros and small business owners. If you find just one person on this list you really like, my job is done. It’s all about engaging and building relationships/communities online, and to me, these are just a few loyal and dedicated people to do it with. And hey, tell ‘em Stacey sent ya. 🙂
5) @mportray – Branding, marketing, social media and public relations pro in North Dakota tweets tons of homespun tips.
6) @pamsahota – Marketing communications and social media manager Pam has a carefully thought out blog often filled with inspiration from her MBA classes.
7) @jdebberly – Blogging, social media, twitter, lifestreaming, and exponential development of technology.
8) @planetshark – Has experience as a media producer and is also a self-proclaimed social media ninja. I always find their tweets helpful.
10) @kellyecrane – PR / social media consultant (but not the smarmy kind), speaker, blogger, tech junkie. Founder of #solopr chat. @SMCatl Chair.
11) @SocialMedBtrfly – Super active in social media conversation, loves everything social media and isn’t afraid to chat it up with others.
12) @Keithtrivitt – Assoc. Director of PR for PRSA.
13) @boxcarmarketing – Vancouver internet marketing strategists. Ask Monique Trottier & Crissy
Campbell about online marketing, web design, search marketing & business strategy.
14) @kenburbary – VP, Group Director at Digitas: Digital Marketing, Customer Strategy, Social Media, Emerging Technologies.
15) @warrenwhitlock – Author of 1st book on Twitter, Publisher, Blogger and Social Media Radio Show Host.
16) @eggmarketing – Susan Payton shares tons of info on PR. She also speaks at social media conferences and is great for short social media anecdotes.
17) @askaaronlee – A serious up and comer in the world of social media—and I mean serious. An average Joe but with an extra-large social media addiction, competitive by nature, positive minded, marketing student and part time social media manager.
18) @franchiseking – Recovering franchise broker. The King of straightforward info on franchising. Provides amplified social media marketing services to franchisors.
19) @smallbizprxpert – PR expert, Owner Cascade Communications, blogger and lecturer showing small business how to grow using PR.
20) @jordanbenshea – Principal at SkyView Projects, Founder @sustainablesoc , brand developer, content creator, social media enthusiast.
21) @oziomedia – Ozio Media is a ghostwriting service whose expertise includes writing SEO articles, blog posts, press releases, reports, ebooks, and product reviews. Tweets awesome info.
22) @smsjoe – Is interested in integrated marketing, customer engagement, learning, connecting, sharing and helping—and is all about those things on Twitter as well.
23) @john_trader1 – PR Guy, intuitive with a penchant for the extraordinary.
24) @theprcoach – Editor, The PR Coach website with 7,000+ PR resources; PR strategist/crisis/coach for hire; former CEO westcoast PR agency; writer; PR management consultant.
25) @leahbaade – Social media and integrated online marketing consultant and copywriter.
26) @lizzharmon – Has a PR/social media firm in Tampa; tweets great PR snippets.
27) @shannonholato – Email marketing and social media enthusiast for Red Pill Email
28) @heidicohen – Actionable marketer who shares practical advice about marketing and life.
29) @mirror_comms – Founder of Mirror Communications, PR and Marketing Agency for IT & Tourism Companies
30) @pushingsocial – Social media brand strategist—excellent blogs.
31) @pgeorgieva – PR specialist in love with life and extremely interested in communications, advertising, psychology, writing, reading, traveling and exploring the world around.
Who are your “must-follows” on Twitter, and why? Stay tuned for our second installment!
If you liked this post, you might also enjoy: Social Media Brings Links—And Big-Time Results