How are you marketing your business during the kick-off holiday of the season? Halloween is a primer for the two largest American holidays that take place at the end of the year: Thanksgiving and Christmas. These businesses do a great job of sharing their Halloween promotions through the web to attract customers, remain relevant, and tie their products to current trends:
10) Leonard Malton Reveals a Spooktacular List of Movies On Demand Offerings
Nothing gets us in the mood for Halloween like scary movies. When it’s just too chilly to leave the house, checking out a spooky movie on-demand on cable makes it easy to get in the spirit.
9) Oakland Zoo’s Boo at the Zoo, a Halloween Themed Event for Kids
I used to love these events as a kid, and truth be told, as an adult, I still go! When the weather gets cold, it may be a challenge for zoo’s to get patrons to come out – but with holiday themed events, it becomes a bit easier.
8) Palomar Fashion Expands Their Costume Jewelry Inventory Just in Time for Halloween
Part of the Halloween fun is the costumes and dressing up. This jewelry retailer pounces on the opportunity to help people accessorize their costumes in new and unique ways. Costume contest anyone?
7) Spare Your Pets the Spooks This Halloween
The Humane Society of the United States distributed this educational press release to remind pet owners that “pets aren’t used to the spooky surprises, constant doorbell-ringing and the general hustle and bustle in our homes during Halloween.” The Humane Society is a non-profit organization and this is a nice way to keep them top of mind when it comes to animal care.
6) Six Spooky Halloween Party Ideas
This gifts retailer boosts their sales by sharing fun Halloween party ideas that incorporate their products that you can order online and have delivered anytime. Pretty simple and easy, right?
5) Huckabee Dental in Southlake, Texas to Participate in Operation Gratitude’s Annual Candy Buyback for Troops Overseas
Another large part of the Halloween tradition is of course, loads of candy. This local dental office uses a philanthropic approach to drumming up buzz for their biz by helping donate sugary treats to our men and women overseas. A small token of comfort from home in the form of chocolate or chewy candy, we love this idea.
4) Popular San Francisco Nightclub Ruby Skye is Hosting Four Nights of Halloween Debauchery in “The Devil’s Playground”
Got a dance venue? Hosting a Halloween party is a great way to attract customers who want to head out for a night of fun. Many clubs and bars offer Halloween promos – themed drinks and costume contests for prizes are common practices.
3) Halloween Menu is Spooktacular at Fairway Market
This local food market caters to the decorators and foodies in its area by suggesting visually appealing recipe ideas and specialty food items for anyone hosting a Halloween get-together. That’s a unique value-proposition that would lure us into the grocery!
2) CLS Contact Lenses is Proud to Announce their First Daily Winner of the Win a Box of Color Contact Lenses to Help Complete Your Halloween Look
What do contact lenses have to do with Halloween? A lot apparently, for those who want to take the creepiness of their costume to another level! Colored contacts, character and animal print lenses are all the rage – which was the basis for the Eyecare Associates to hold a contest during the month of October to give away a box of contact lenses a day – and drum up additional business.
1) K9 Scrub Club, a San Francisco Self-Serve Dog Wash and Pet Store, Hosts 1st Annual Little Monster Mash
The K9 Scrub Club makes their pet store, dog wash and online store for dogs relevant to Halloween by hosting a Halloween bash for both humans and dogs. The fact that this biz lets you bring your pet to a public Halloween party instantly wins dog-loving advocates and hopefully new business.
Did you distribute a Halloween-themed press release for your biz? Link us to it in the comments section below so we can spread the word!
Photo Credit Courtesy freedigitalphotos.net