This is a guest post from Sam George, intern on Cision’s social media team.
Here is our roundup of new talent, account wins and other PR and marketing industry news. Read below to find out about your competitors and friends, and be sure to share comments and discussion points!
- Arketi Group, a high-tech B2B public relations and digital marketing firm, has been selected by PMG as its agency of record. Arketi has been selected to execute an integrated PR and digital marketing plan which includes positioning, messaging, and re-branding, as well as initiating a marketing automation lead generation program, media and analyst relations, and thought leadership outreach.
- Wonacott Communications, an independent public relations and integrated communications agency, has won two awards recognizing its outstanding achievements in video-games public relations programs at the PRSA (Public Relations Society of America) Prism Awards, Los Angeles chapter. Wonacott won an award in the “New Product/Service Launch” category for its launch campaign supporting Skullgirls. Its second award was in the “One-Time Media or Special Events” category, for its work on leading games publisher THQs Darksiders II.
- The travel and lifestyle specialized full service boutique communications company Spring O’Brien has added two accounts to its public relations client roster: General Tours World Traveller and OneTravel.com. For General Tours, the agency will be promoting the 65-year-old operator’s extensive list of worldwide trips. At OneTravel, the focus will be raising brand awareness and driving traffic to the OTA, which offers travel deals and discounts on flights, hotels, vacation packages and activities. Full PR campaigns will ensue for both accounts including media relations, promotions and strategic partner development.
- APCO founder and CEO Margery Kraus received the Honoring Milestones in Mentoring Award, from the Plank Center for Leadership in Public Relations at the University of Alabama. The award recognizes leaders in the public relations industry who are dedicated to expanding the opportunities for public relations students. Kraus said; “As someone who began her career as a 12th grade civics teacher, I absolutely believe that education is the key to opening hearts and minds. It’s more important than ever to encourage future generations to think big and have passion.”
- Integrated communications agency, Waggener Edstrom has been appointed by AVG Technologies as its agency to deliver both global and UK communications programs after a competitive agency selection process. The programs will support AVG’s strategy to further expand it global market presence. Waggener Edstrom will be responsible for developing and implementing global strategy, content and campaigns, as well as coordinating AVG’s network of agencies.
If you have content for PR Wins, Moves & Other News, e-mail prwins.us (at) cision.com.