Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cision blog regrets to inform its readers that Joseph Rago of The Wall Street Journal passed away. Rago was a member of the paper’s editorial board, and previously worked as an editorial writer and as assistant editor on the op-ed page. He was awarded the Pulitzer Prize for editorial writing in 2011.
- VICE’s Motherboard parted ways with Carl Franzen. Franzen had been at Motherboard since September 2016, when he joined as managing editor. He previously served as the online director of PopSci.com and as a reporter at The Verge.
- Jose A. DelReal is joining The New York Times from The Washington Post to serve as a national correspondent; he will be based out of the Los Angeles bureau and will start in August. DelReal most recently worked as a reporter on WaPo’s America Desk since last December, and previously served as a politics reporter.
- WIRED named Scott Thurm its new business editor, effective July 31. Thurm joins the magazine several months after departing The Wall Street Journal, where was most recently senior deputy technology editor, and prior to that was a senior editor for the paper’s website. h/t Talking Biz News
- CisionScoop: Dena Silver has been promoted to lifestyle editor at the Observer. Silver joined the staff as senior style editor in 2015, and before that was an associate editor for The Daily Front Row.
- Departures tapped Melissa Ventosa Martin and Jason Sheeler as fashion director and style director, respectively. Martin will continue to serve as fashion director of Travel + Leisure, a title she has held since March 2016. She previously worked in similar roles at SELF and Glamour. Sheeler’s promotion comes after two years as the magazine’s fashion news director. Before that he was a features editor at Entertainment Weekly.
- CisionScoop: Addy Baird and Rebekah Entralgo joined ThinkProgress as reporters. Baird comes from POLITICO New York, where was an intern since 2016. Entralgo joins from NPR, where she most recently served as a news assistant and social media coordinator.
- Federal Computer Week has hired Derek Johnson as a staff writer covering technology and government business. Johnson was previously a reporter at The Gazette in Bowie, Maryland. h/t Talking Biz News
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.