Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The New York Times launched a weekly “Smarter Living” newsletter, helmed by Smarter Living editor Tim Herrera. Sent every Monday, the roundup will include tips for living a more fulfilled life, featuring both original and archived NYT content, and links from around the web.
- Greta Van Susteren is out at MSNBC after less than six months as host of For the Record with Greta. Ari Melber will anchor the 6 p.m. hour in her place. Van Susteren has worked for all three major cable news networks; before joining MSNBC, she worked for 14 years at Fox News and spent nearly a decade at CNN.
- CisionScoop: John Hendel joined POLITICO as a tech reporter. He most recently covered the intersection of telecommunications and national politics at Communcations Daily, and was previously a web producer and editorial fellow at The Atlantic.
- Pulitzer Prize winner Ken Armstrong landed a senior reporting gig at ProPublica. Armstrong joins from The Marshall Project, a non-profit news organization covering the U.S. criminal justice system, and has previously reported for The Seattle Times and Chicago Tribune.
- The Washington Post hired Alex Horton as a reporter covering breaking news and general assignments. He comes to the paper from Stars and Stripes, a daily newspaper for the U.S. military community. Additionally, Horton has freelanced since 2008, focusing on foreign, military, and veterans affairs.
- CisionScoop: Heath Goldman made the jump from Real Simple to PureWow, working as food editor. Goldman got her start as an editorial assistant at Real Simple before being promoted to assistant food editor, and later associate food editor.
- BuzzFeed tapped Matt Berman as deputy politics editor, effective July 10. Berman spent the last year and a half as a senior editor at POLITICO, and worked at National Journal before that.
- Jordan Schultz joined Yahoo Sports after more than five years as a sports columnist at HuffPost. He will continue covering the NBA, NFL and NCAA basketball.
- Beginning in October, Stephanie Flanders will lead a new economic unit at Bloomberg out of the London bureau. Flanders brings a wealth of experience to the role, including stints with the London Business School, Institute of Fiscal Studies and U.S. Treasury Department, as well as editorial gigs at Financial Times, NYT and the BBC. h/t Talking Biz News
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.