Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
- CisionScoop: Anna North left The New York Times to join Vox as a senior reporter covering gender. Before NYT, North worked for Salon, BuzzFeed and Jezebel.
- CisionScoop: Katrina Mitzeliotis joined Glam as managing editor. She was previously fashion director for Hollywood Life, online editor for Hearst Digital and fashion writer for Nylon Magazine.
- Brian Teta has been promoted to an executive producer on ABC’s The View. Brian served as co-executive producer for the program, and was previously a producer for Late Show with David Letterman.
- The New York Times – Washington Bureau has undergone several changes, specifically on its Congressional reporting team.
- Jonathan Weisman was named congressional editor. He was previously editor for domestic policy and coverage of Washington healthcare policy.
- Sheryl Gay Stolberg will lead the new congressional team as chief correspondent. She was most recently a correspondent covering domestic affairs, and previously covered Capitol Hill from 2002 to 2006.
- Yamiche Alcindor joins the congressional team after covering the Trump Administration since January, specifically HUD Secretary Ben Carson. Prior to joining NYT as a reporter in 2015, Alcindor worked for USA Today.
- Nicholas Fandos also joins congressional team. He previously covered the Veterans Affairs Administration, Secret Service and general assignment stories.
- Thomas Kaplan remains part of the congressional team; he moved to Washington late last year to cover the Hill. Kaplan joined the paper in 2010 as a statehouse reporter in Albany, New York, and later transitioned to a role covering national politics.
- Kim Clark left Money to pursue a career outside journalism as assistant director of the Education Writers Association. She was a senior writer with the magazine since 2011, largely focused on the cost of higher education.
- Christina Wilkie is now a political reporter at CNBC Digital covering the Trump administration. Wilkie was let go from HuffPost in June after working for the outlet’s Washington bureau since 2011.
- Rachel Witkowski will join Bankrate as financial regulation reporter on Sept. 11. She was a financial regulation reporter for The Wall Street Journal. h/t Talking Biz News
- Beto Ruiz is the host for Universo Vice, a new program produced by Vice Media for the U.S. Hispanic audience and airing on Universo. The first season will feature 10 episodes.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.