Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CisionScoop: NPR welcomed back Scott Neuman as digital news writer and editor covering breaking news and features. Neuman previously reported for NPR from 2007 to 2015, and prior to that, he served as Thailand editor for the Associated Press.
- CisionScoop: Asthaa Chaturvedi joined The New York Times as an associate producer for the outlet’s podcast and audio products. Chaturvedi has served as assistant producer for WNYC Radio and associate producer for The Pitch.
- Alexandra Steigrad will be the new media reporter for the New York Post covering the non-print media industry. She replaces Claire Atkinson, who left to join NBC News as a senior media editor. Steigrad is currently wrapping up her tenure as media editor at Women’s Wear Daily. h/t Talking Biz News
- Bloomberg News has announced several promotions at its Washington bureau:
- Kevin Whitelaw has been promoted to deputy managing editor overseeing coverage of the U.S. government. Whitelaw had previously overseen coverage of the U.S. congress as editor.
- Sara Forden is now team leader for corporate influence. Her most recent role was as team leader for legal/enforcement news.
- Joe Sobczyk has become the Congress team leader after serving as senior editor. Sobczyk had also served as the White House editor for Bloomberg.
- Joshua Gallu takes over White House news coverage as editor. He was the money and influence editor most recently.
- KTXL-TV has named Monika Diaz as its news director. Most recently, Diaz was assistant news director for the Sacramento FOX affiliate, and had also been the managing editor.
- Cori Coffin is now a reporter with WTTG-TV in Washington. The Emmy award-winning journalist joins the FOX affiliate from KVUE-TV in Austin, Texas.
- Laura Barron-Lopez is the newest political reporter for The Washington Examiner, focusing on coverage of the Democratic Party. Prior to joining the outlet, she was a congressional reporter for HuffPost and covered energy and environment for The Hill.
- The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette has promoted Jim Kordsmeier to business editor. He had served as the assistant business editor for the Little Rock-based newspaper since 2006.
- Rachel O’Neal Chaney will be taking back the reins of High Profile, the Sunday human interest section of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. She returns as the section editor after having served as business editor for the publication.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.