Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. If you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
- Jemele Hill has been suspended for two weeks from ESPN for violation of social media guidelines. She is currently the co-host for the SC6 with Michael and Jemele.
- Meghan McCain is joining the table at The View as a co-host. Most recently, McCain hosted Fox News Channel’s Outnumbered and served as a contributing columnist to Cosmopolitan.
- The Los Angeles Times has named Lewis DVorkin as the new editor in chief. Prior to joining the LATimes, he served as chief product officer at Forbes. DVorkian has also held positions at The Wall Street Journal, Newsweek and The New York Times.
- After 30 years with The New York Times, food industry reporter Stephanie Strom has left the outlet. Before moving into the food industry beat, Strom had previous stints covering New York public transportation, retail business and Wall Street. She also served as a Tokyo correspondent for the paper. h/t Talking Biz News
- National security reporter, Adam Entous, is set to leave The Washington Post and join The New Yorker as a staff writer. Entous was previously a national security reporter for The Wall Street Journal and a correspondent for Reuters.
- CNN welcomes Maegan Vazquez as digital reporter, covering breaking news and politics. Vazquez recently finished her tenure as deputy news editor for Independent Journal Review.
- The Wirecutter and The Sweethome have merged to become Wirecutter. The separate outlet names have been retired, and a unified website has been launched in their place. Leading this process is Jacqui Cheng, who is editor in chief of the magazine.
- Rawiya Kameir has been promoted to deputy editor for The FADER. Kameir joined the magazine in 2015, and has been a senior writer for the outlet. Olivia Craighead is also changing positions as the new associate social media editor. Craighead has been a night editor for The FADER, and had previously worked as a freelance writer for BuzzFeed.
- Good Day New York welcomes its newest morning anchor, Lori Stokes. She replaces Greg Kelly, and will co-anchor alongside Rosanna Scotto. Stokes was most recently a morning anchor for WABC-TV in New York City.
- Antonia Mejia has moved to KPNX-TV in Phoenix, and will serve as a reporter. Prior to KPNX-TV, Meijia worked for the Telemundo affiliate in Phoenix, where she was a reporter for three years, before joining 12 News.
- Rick Willis has retired as news director from Spectrum News in Raleigh after a 50 year career in broadcast journalism. Willis was a veteran journalist who began his career in 1967, and had served as news director for the outlet since 2001.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.