Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
- Veteran political journalist and current AP congressional news editor Donna Cassata is headed to The Washington Post Jan. 8 to spearhead the daily’s Congressional coverage as deputy Congress editor. Cassata has been covering Congress for the AP since 2014, and joined the news service in 2003 as a reporter. Prior to that, she worked for Congressional Quarterly as a defense reporter, and on the copy desk of WaPo.
- The Wall Street Journal has named Nick Elliott head of professional products innovation and strategy, effective immediately. This is a newly created role at the paper, and Elliott’s responsibilities will include enhancing and launching WSJ’s offerings for business and financial professionals. Elliott comes from the Dow Jones newswires, where he spent his entire news career, and most recently lead four of the six WSJ Pro products — Bankruptcy, Private Equity, Venture Capital and Cybersecurity, and Risk & Compliance Journal. h/t Talking Biz News
- After nearly four yeas as president and publisher of The State, Sara Borton has retired from The State Media Company and McClatchy papers. She has been with the company since 1983, and was named publisher of the The State in 2014 after spending two decades as publisher of the Island Packet and the Beaufort Gazette.
- The New Republic has added veteran political journalist and author Elizabeth Drew to its roster as contributing editor. Drew is also a contributor to The New Yorker, and has written more than a dozen books on American politics, including Washington Journal: The Events of 1973-74, On the Edge: The Clinton Presidency, and Citizen McCain.
- Senior producer of special events Peggy Robinson has retired from PBS NewsHour, effective Dec. 1. Robinson has been with PBS since 1978, and has worked in one incarnation or other of the NewsHour since then. During her PBS tenure, she also spent six years as an off-camera reporter.
- Jim Moore is stepping down from his full time duties as creative director of GQ. He will remain with the glossy as creative director at large, and will be involved with special projects. Moore spent his entire career at GQ and joined the staff in 1980; he has been the creative director of the magazine since 1998. Will Welch, editor in chief of GQStyle, will add the creative director role to his duties as of January 2018.
- Ocean Drive magazine has appointed Patricia Alfonso Tortolani as editor in chief. Tortolani previously served as contributing editorial projects director at Allure, and has also worked for Instyle. Ocean Drive is part of Modern Luxury media and focuses on on Miami and South Florida.
- Kevin Dale has been named news director for Colorado Public Radio, effective Dec 6. Dale comes from Cronkite News where he spent the lat two years as executive editor. Prior to that, he worked for the Denver Post as news director, where for 15 years he lead a team that was recognized with three national Edward R. Murrow Awards and three Pulitzers.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.