Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CisionScoop: Sarah Bruning, former lifestyle editor for Us Weekly, is now the senior editor of Travel + Leisure. She will be covering various travel topics, including travel products and tech, destinations, food, and hospitality for both print and digital. Bruning has also previously written for Women’s Health, Food Network Magazine, Fit Pregnancy, and Time Out New York.
- CisionScoop: Former Washington Examiner reporter Ryan Lovelace has joined American Lawyer and The National Law Journal, reporting on the business of law in Washington. While at the Examiner, he covered the Supreme Court and 2016 presidential campaign.
- In preparation for its move to Los Angeles in March, Entertainment Weekly editor in chief Henry Goldblatt made the following announcements in an official press release:
- Meeta Agrawal, who has served as deputy editor since 2015, has decided to depart from EW and remain in New York to pursue new opportunities there. She will remain in her role until March 1.
- Taking over for Agrawal is current features editor, Bill Keith. Keith has been with EW since 2013, covering movies and television before becoming features editor in March 2016.
- Effective immediately, Tim Leong has been promoted to executive editor. Leong has served as creative director of EW since June 2016, and will now head all superhero, Star Wars, Star Trek, and Comic-Con coverage across all EW platforms.
- New to the team is Patrick Gomez, who has signed on as senior editor of TV. An experienced and resourceful entertainment writer, Gomez has been writing and reporting for People Magazine for past eight years.
- On January 17, Katie Hasty will also join the staff as senior editor of movies. Most recently, Hasty served as deputy entertainment editor at BuzzFeed for nearly two years. At EW, she will oversee movie reviews and film coverage, as well as have a hand in video development.
- After more than a decade writing for various publications, Clarissa Cruz will return to EW as senior editor of books. After serving as a staff writer for EW from 1998 to 2006, Cruz moved on to work with People Magazine, InStyle, Inc. Magazine, and O, The Oprah Magazine. She starts her new role Feb. 1.
- For the next eight weeks, Carolyn Cutrone will be on double-duty as editorial manager of EW and content coordinator for People. Starting in March, she will depart from People (a position she has held since October of 2014) to move to Los Angeles with EW.
- On the digital side, Seija Rankin will start as digital features editor on Jan. 24. She currently serves as features editor for E! News, where she has worked since January 2015. Rankin will head all digital features on books and movies at EW.com.
- Rick McFarland, executive producer for Houston’s NBC affiliate KPRC-TV, retired at the end of 2017. Since joining the station in 1980, he was a fixture on the news team serving in various capacities including sports reporter and assistant news director.
- Bloomberg News reporter Julie VerHage has switched beats to cover the intersection of finance and technology. VerHage, who previously reported on cross-assets and finance, joined Bloomberg in 2015. h/t TalkingBizNews
- New York public radio WNYC has announced that longtime hosts Jonathan Schwartz and Leonard Lopate are no longer with the company amid allegations of workplace misconduct.
- As of Jan. 1, Inside Energy is no longer publishing. The online collaborative journalism initiative between public media outlets in Wyoming, Colorado and North Dakota provided simple and factual information about the United States’ creation and consumption of energy.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.