Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
CisionScoop: After nearly a decade at Women’s Day, Abigail Cuffey is now the executive editor for Women’s Health. Cuffey started at Women’s Day as an assistant health editor in 2009, and eventually became deputy editor for the magazine.
The Associated Press recently released a memo introducing its new global enterprise team:
- Jeannie Ohm has been named as the enterprise video editor. She has been the video and online content supervisor for AP since 2013, and will remain in the Washington, D.C. office.
- Enric Marti, who first began his AP career in 1994, is now the enterprise photo editor. Marti has previously served as the regional photo editor for the Middle East and Latin America, and most recently has served as the interim cross-format news director for Mexico and Central America. He will be based in New York.
- Natalie Castaneda, who has served as managing editor for the AP Images blog and social media for the past three years, is now the producer for the enterprise team and will be based in New York.
- Singapore-based photographer Maye-E Wong will be the enterprise photographer for all platforms, working closely with Enric Marti. She has most recently served as the AP’s lead photographer in North Korea.
- Rodrigo Abd is also joining the enterprise photography team. Abd is based in Lima, Peru, whose work has been focused on marginalized groups in the area.
- Longtime reporter Allen G. Breed is joining the enterprise team as a writer and video-first journalist. Based in Raleigh, NC, Breed has been with the AP since 2006.
- Chicago-based reporter Sharon Cohen will be adding enterprise to her beats, along with her focus on criminal justice. She most recently produced “Locked Up For Life,” a national series on juveniles serving life sentences.
- Also added to the enterprise photography team is Felipe Dana, who is based in Irbil, Iraq, and has covered topics such as the Brazilian Zika outbreak and the removal of the Islamic State from Mosul.
- Claire Galofaro will continue reporting on the social and political state of the United States on the enterprise team. She has been with the AP’s Louisville, KY office since 2015.
- Australian bureau chief Kristen Gelineau will continue overseeing the AP’s three Australia bureaus, as well as focus on long-form narratives for the global enterprise team.
- Adam Geller, who has reported for the AP since 2000, will work with the immigration and business teams to report on the effects of the Trump administration’s immigration and refugee policies.
- David Goldman will be another photographer for the enterprise team, based in Atlanta. He first started with the AP in 2007.
- Paris-based journalist Lori Hinnant is joining the enterprise reporter team, and will continue to cover terrorism and other topics, as well. Hinnant has been a journalist with the AP since 2002.
- Martha Irvine, who is based in Chicago and has written for the AP since 1995, has become a video-first journalist for the global enterprise team.
- Bram Janssen, also a video-first journalist, will be reporting for the enterprise team from Istanbul. Janssen’s former work includes coverage of refugees fleeing Islamic State, migrants rescued at sea, and the “Ferah’s World” package on a teenager’s life under IS.
- Seasoned AP reporter and correspondent since 2001, Todd Pitman will be reporting for the global enterprise team in Bangkok. Most recently he has documented the Rohingya Muslim crisis in Myanmar.
- Reporting on global enterprise from HQ in New York is Matt Sedensky, who has reported for the AP from all over the U.S. since 2002 and most recently reported on aging and the effects of the opioid crisis on families.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.