Cision’s research department makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! Here are the latest moves to keep your media lists up to date and on point. All CisionScoops reflect original reporting from the Media Research team; if you have a scoop, send it to email@example.com.
CisionScoop: Sydnee Bursik has signed on with Fox News Channel as a web show producer. Previously, she has produced for NBCUniversal, Huffpost Live, AOL, and Cineflix. Most recently, she served as vice president of video and social media for the mobile app, WUZHEAR.
CisionScoop: After five years as director and managing editor of AAMCNews, Eve Glicksman has resigned from her post. She has launched e.g. communications, her own business for writing, editing, and communications services based in the Washington, DC, area. Her bylines have appeared in The Philadelphia Inquirer, Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, Newsday, Atlantic Constitution, Good Housekeeping, Salon, more.
Claire Howorth, former assistant managing editor of TIME, has joined Vanity Fair as its new deputy editor. Howorth was an editor with Time for nearly four years, and oversaw Time’s Motto, a vertical geared towards millennial women. She joined the magazine in 2014 as books editor, and has also reported for The Daily and Newsweek.
Cable television network CNBC has announced several recent updates to its staff:
- Bill Griffeth has been named co-anchor of the Nightly Business Report. Griffeth has been an anchor with the network since 1991.
- Tyler Mathisen, CNBC anchor since 1997, has stepped down from the Nightly Business Report to take on his new role as CNBC’s vice president of event strategy. Mathiesen will continue to co-achor the network’s weekday Power Lunch show.
- Wilfred Frost is leaving Worldwide Exchange to join CNBC’s Closing Bell as its new co-anchor.
- Sara Eisen will also be leaving Worldwide Exchange, moving to Power Lunch. She will continue to serve as anchor for Squawk on the Street.
- Taking over for Frost and Eisen as the sole anchor for Worldwide Exchange is Brian Sullivan. Sullivan will also be serving as senior national correspondent for the network, and has been with CNBC since 2011.
After taking over as interim editor of Newsweek in February 2018, Nancy Cooper has officially signed on as the magazine’s permanent editor. Prior to Newsweek, Cooper served as managing editor for International Business Times.
Long time Barrons.com editor John Kimelman has announced that he is leaving the financial and investment news publication. Kimelman joined the digital staff as a writer in March 2004, and worked his way up executive editor.
Alisa Hrustic has recently departed from Men’s Health, where she served as the digital assistant editor for nearly two years. She first started writing for the magazine’s website in 2015, before signing onto the staff a year later. She has also written for the magazine’s sister publication, Women’s Health.
Seattle CBS affiliate KIRO-TV has promoted Chloe Houser to creative services director. Previously promotions manager for the network, Houser has also served in promotional and creative services roles for Meredith Corporation, KPTV, and KAYU.
Experienced Indiana reporter and journalist Marc Chase has been promoted to local news editor of The Times in Munster, Indiana. Chase will be covering Northwest Indiana, and will be located in the Crown Point bureau.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.