See the original post on Beyond Bylines.
We're just a few weeks out from Election Day.
PR Newswire's Policy & Government newsfeed has carried a host of important headlines, including these:
- Scripps expects 2018 political ad revenue to grow more than 50 percent over 2014
- Gray Television Releases Findings From First National Political Poll (assessing both presidential and candidate support and favorability in three states: Florida, North Dakota, and West Virginia)
- Survey: Majority of Republicans, but Few Democrats, Would Consider Supporting a Candidate Accused of Sexual Harassment
- MTV Ramps Up Its First Ever Midterm Election Campaign "+1 The Vote"
- AARP Bulletin Reveals 10 Ways the Midterm Elections Could Change the Future for Older Americans
- New Poll Shows Voters Driven by Facts Over Values
It's not too late to start receiving political news. Here's how to get started.
1. Visit PR Newswire for Journalists.
If you already are a member of PR Newswire for Journalists, log in at the top right of the landing page. Go to My PR Newswire and select “Create New Profile.”
If you’re new to these parts, hit the orange button in the center of the page that says Get Started Now.
Fill in the registration form and go directly to your "My PR Newswire" tab and Create New Profile.
2. Create a news profile for Policy & Government News.
After selecting “Create New Profile,” name your newsfeed.
You'll then land in the customization dashboard, which will allow you to edit the type of news you seek.
Under Delivery Options, make sure you select “yes” beside your email address, where it asks, “Link address to this profile?” Then, select your preferred email schedule (real time or daily), and type of email (full release, abstract, or headline only).
3. Select your subjects.
If you want to see election-related news from all sources, focus your newsfeed on political campaigns.
To do this, scroll down to Subjects on the right-hand side of the page. Select Political Campaigns. Make no other selections if you want the full political campaigns feed, which will provide you the latest news and commentary related to election season.
However, if you seek other policy and government news, we feature headlines under several subjects, including Domestic Policy, Environmental Policy, Federal and State Legislation, Federal Executive Branch/Agency News, Foreign Policy/International Affairs, Trade Policy, and US State Policy News.
You can select as few or as many subjects as you wish. Hit Save & View at the bottom.
Ask Media Relations for Help
If at any point you need assistance, we’re here to help.
Covering the organizations and subjects you wish to keep tabs on shouldn’t be difficult. Feel free to reach out to PR Newswire’s audience relations team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll get you connected with the news you want on the schedule you prefer.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.