CNN has announced the addition of a new reporter, and the reassignment of another:
- Arlette Saenz has joined the network as a reporter covering politics. She comes from ABC News, where she most recently served as a White House reporter/producer. She has been with ABC since 2007.
- Lauren Fox now covers Congress and federal agencies for CNN. She was previously a political reporter and has been with the network since 2017. Prior to that, she reported for Talking Points Memo, and the National Journal.
The Washington Examiner has hired a new top editor, and promoted another:
- Philip Klein is now executive editor of the outlet, upped from managing editor. He has been with the Examiner since 2011, and has held a variety of roles, including commentary editor and senior editorial writer. He took over the managing editor position in 2015.
- Toby Harnden has joined the staff as managing editor. He is a veteran journalist and most recently served as the Washington bureau chief for The Sunday Times. Prior to that he was U.S. editor and Middle East correspondent of the Daily Telegraph.
Robert Iafolla has re-joined Bloomberg BNA, this time as senior legal reporter covering labor and employment law. He comes from Reuters, where he spent the last three years covering the same beats. Before that, he worked from Bloomberg BNA for three years covering the federal regulatory regime governing worker safety and health.
Bloomberg News has promoted a few of its staff in the Mumbai and Santiago bureaus:
- Anto Antony, who is located in the Mumbai bureau, has been promoted from a reporter to senior editor. He will cover Asia finance, including credit, corporate finance, distressed debt, Forex and rates. He joined the staff in 2010 as a reporter, and before that worked for the Financial Express.
- Eduardo Thomson in the Santiago bureau has been named bureau chief, upped from reporter. He will oversee and coordinate news coverage in Chile. Thomson has been with Bloomberg since 2010, and before that served as the executive editor for AmericaEconomia magazine.
Paris Martineau has joined Wired as a staff writer covering social media manipulation, online extremism, and big tech. She is based in the New York bureau. She previously had a brief stint at The Outline, where she covered tech news, social media manipulation, and privacy. Before that, she spent a year at New York magazine as a freelance tech writer and wrote about internet culture, dank memes, and life online.
Kat Lucero has shuffled her beats at MLex US, and now covers international trade as a reporter. She was previously covering taxes and writing for the US Tax Watch vertical. Lucero has been with MLex since February 2018, and before that worked for Bloomberg BNA, The Hill, and Tax Analysis.
CBS-owned WKRC-TV in Cincinnati, Ohio has hired Tessa DiTirro as a reporter covering general assignment news. She comes from WTRF-TV in Wheeling, West Virginia, where she spent the last three years as a morning co-anchor and reporter for 7news this morning. DiTirro is a 2015 graduate of Ohio State University.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/Media_Moves.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.