The Wall Street Journal's San Francisco bureau has hired a new reporter, and shuffled the beats of another:
- Marc Vartabedian has joined The Journal as venture capital reporter. He comes from Thompson Reuters where he spent a year as a reporter. He has also freelanced for The Atlantic, Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, San Jose Mercury, and San Francisco Weekly.
- Deepa Seetharaman -- who is currently on leave -- will move to the enterprise reporting beat focused on social media upon her return in 2019. She most recently covered Facebook, LinkedIn and other technology companies, and has been with The Journal since 2015. Before that, she worked for Reuters.
Jeff Rossen will leave the Today show in January. He has fronted the popular "Rossen Reports" segment since 2012, and joined NBC News in 2008. "Rossen Reports" is still in production and will air on Today and Nightly News until Rossen's departure; he will take the segments trademark with him.
CNBC Digital has named two new associate producers, and promoted a managing editor:
- Jordan Smith has joined as an associate producer on the video team, working on news and programming content. He comes from KOMU-TV in Columbia, Missouri, where he worked as a digital producer. Before that, he was a digital content producer at Vox Magazine.
- Andrea Miller has joined as an associate producer on the video team, producing content for the news and programming group. She was previously an intern and production associate for ABC News.
- Elisabeth Butler Cordova has been promoted to deputy managing editor, upped from senior editor. She has been with CNBC.com since 2013, when she joined as news editor. Prior to that, she spent a decade at Crain's New York Business.
Ashley Gold will join The Information as a Washington-based reporter on Jan. 2. She is currently wrapping up her duties as a technology reporter for Politico Pro, covering congress and policy having to do with the technology industry. Before that, she was a U.S. news writer for the BBC, and an eHealth reporter for PoliticoPro before that.
WDAE-AM radio in Tampa /St. Petersburg, Florida, has reunited Ron Diaz and Ian Beckles as co-hosts of the "Ron & Ian Show" which airs weekdays from 3 p.m till 6 p.m. The show will feature entertaining, light-hearted and fun conversations about all things Tampa Bay sports related. In addition, Diaz and Beckles will co-host with producer, Jay Recher.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.