BuzzFeed UK deputy global news director, Ryan Broderick, has moved back to the U.S. as a senior reporter located at BuzzFeed's New York office. He covers the Internet and social media, social issues, news and current affairs, and also co-hosts the Internet Explorer podcast. Broderick has worked in the UK office since 2015, and joined BuzzFeed in 2012 as community moderator.
Shoshana Wodinsky has joined Adweek as technology reporter covering Internet, major social media platforms, ad fraud, cybersecurity, and internet laws and policies. She was previously an editorial intern at NBC News, and before that served as a social media editor and life sciences editor at Scienceline.
The Atlantic has hired a writer and a senior editor both part of the outlet's Ideas section, which is dedicated to analysis, essays, and commentary on key issues of the day:
- Andrew Ferguson will join the magazine's Ideas section as a staff writer, and starts in April. He was most recently a national correspondent at the now-defunct The Weekly Standard and had been with the outlet since its launch in 1995. Before that, he was a staff writer for Scripps Howard News Service and a senior writer for Washingtonian magazine. In 1992, he served as a speechwriter for President George H. W. Bush.
- Dante Ramos has joined the magazine as senior editor for Ideas. He was previously with the Boston Globe, where he led the Ideas section, and before that served as deputy editor of the paper's editorial page. In 2014, he was a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize. Ramos has also worked as the deputy editorial page editor of The New Orleans Times-Picayune.
Anna Hensel has joined Digiday as a reporter covering retail and eCommerce. She was previously an assistant editor covering startups at VentureBeat and reported stories about emerging tech ecosystems across the U.S. Prior to that, she was an assistant editor at Inc. magazine and a freelance writer.
CNN Business has brought on Matt Quinn as senior tech editor based out of San Francisco; he starts March 18.Quinn will help the outlet sharpen its focus on technology companies and their growing influence on culture, society, politics and the economy. He was previously with Quartz where he served as the tech editor for four years. Before that, he was the executive editor for AdAge, and the editor of CFO Journal, a Wall Street Journal publication.
Fox-owned WFLD-TV in Chicago has shuffled its morning broadcast "Good Day Chicago," by adding two new co-anchors and reorganizing several other staff:
- Roseanne Tellez has joined the station as co-anchor of the show and will be on-air from 4 to 6 a.m., effective March 4. In mid-February, she resigned from CBS-owned WBBM-TV in Chicago after 15 years as a reporter and news anchor. Before that, Tellez spent 14 years at Tribune Broadcasting WGN-TV.
- Joining Tellez as co-anchor of "Good Day Chicago" is Rafer Weigel, who moves up from weekend anchor, a position he has held since joining the station in 2017. Prior to that, he reported for KTVI-TV in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Anthony Ponce, who has co-anchored "Good Day Chicago" since March 2018, has been been shifted to weekends. Prior to WFLD, he worked as a reporter for WMAQ-TV in Chicago.
- Natalie Bomke, who also used to co-anchor the morning program, has taken on evening reporting duties on the 5 p.m and 9 p.m broadcasts. She has been with the station since 2013, and joined the staff from KRIV-TV in Houston, Texas.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.