March 26, 2019
Media Moves US,
/ by Anna Marevska
The Wall Street Journal has hired John Murawski as a reporter for WSJ Pro: Artificial Intelligence digital newsletter, and covers artificial intelligence, its developments, and its applications. He previously spent a year at The Herald-Sun as a business reporter, and before that was on staff for more that 15 years at The News & Observer.
CNBC has shuffled several staff at its Asian properties, including “Street Signs Asia” and “Squawk Box Asia:”
· Tanvir Gill has joined CNBC’s on-air team in Asia as an anchor of the morning shows “Street Signs.” She previously spent a decade as a senior anchor at “Markets” on ET NOW.
· Matthew Taylor has moved from CNBC International to CNBC's Singapore bureau as senior correspondent. He was most recently an Australia reporter since 2007, and before that worked for Network Ten as a news producer.
· Nancy Hungerford is now an anchor for “Squawk Box Asia.” She was previously the co-anchor of “Capital Connection,” and relocated to Singapore from CNBC’s EMEA headquarters in London in July 2017.
· Sri Jegarajah is now also an anchor for “Squawk Box Asia.” He was previously a Singapore-based anchor and regional correspondent of CNBC's “Capital Connection” and has been with the network since 2005. Before that he was a business correspondent for Bloomberg LP.
Binyamin Appelbaum has been named lead writer on business and economics for The New York Times editorial board. He previously spent nine years as an economics reporter for The Times in Washington. Before that he was a reporter for the Washington Post and the Boston Globe before that.
The Atlantic has promoted three staff to top editorial positions for the print and online properties of the brand:
· Adrienne LaFrance has been upped to executive editor of the Atlantic Online, Atlantic Studios, and Atlantic Podcasts. She joined the staff in 2014 as a senior associate technology editor, and most recently served as the editor of the website.
· Swati Sharma has moved from deputy to managing editor and guides the daily reporting at TheAtlantic.com and oversees all of the site’s sections—Politics, Culture, Technology, Ideas, Science, Family, Global, Health, and Education—and their teams. She joined The Atlantic in January 2018.
· Sarah Yager is now the managing editor and operations chief for The Atlantic and is the primary editorial lead on budgeting and personnel. She started at The Atlantic as a fellow, and has been a researcher, fact-checker, and story editor.
Rick McLaughlin has joined WAPT-TV, the ABC affiliate in Jackson, Mississippi, as news director. He comes from NBC’s WESH-TV in Orlando, where he spent the last five years as assistant news director. Before that he worked as an EP at WHDH-TV in Boston and KMOV-TV in St. Louis, Missouri.
Longtime Chicago Reader political writer Ben Joravsky has a new web radio show which will air online via the Reader and the Chicago Sun-Times websites. “The Ben Joravsky Show” is a two-hour program and runs four times a week (Tue – Fri) streaming live from 1 to 3 p.m. Joravsky was most recently on air as afternoon host on Newsweb Radio progressive talk WCPT-AM in Chicago.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Media Moves US
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.
1-877-297-8912from 8 AM - 5 PM CT