Cedar Attanasio has joined the Associated Press as multiplatform immigration reporter based in El Paso, Texas. He previously spent a year at News Corp reporting on crime and government, and before that reported on the crime beat for Hearst in New York. He also has worked for Latin Times in Los Angeles reporting on immigration.
· Aminda Marqués González has been named editor and publisher of the Miami Herald and el Nuevo Herald, effective April 15. She is currently the executive editor of the Miami Herald, el Nuevo Herald and the Bradenton Herald. She was recently inducted into the National Association of Hispanic Journalists Hall of Fame. During her tenure, the Miami Herald has won two Pulitzer Prizes and has been a finalist three times.
· Sara Glines has been promoted to regional publisher of McClatchy's Carolinas and East regions, effective April 15. She has led the McClatchy's Carolina region for the past three years and by adding the East region to her current portfolio in the Carolinas, Glines will be responsible for 17 McClatchy media companies. She previously spent years as regional publisher with both Gannett and Digital First Media and has also served as editor in chief of NJ.com.
· Marqués and Glines succeed Alexandra Villoch who is stepping down after 19 years at the Miami Herald Media Company to lead the Miami-based Baptist Health Foundation of South Florida as CEO.
Beth Daley has been named editor and general manager of The Conversation US. She previously spent two decades at the Boston Globe and most recently served as director of strategic development at InsideClimate News. The Conversation US features a collection of independent news and commentary and features academics writing articles for a general audience to provide insight and analysis of important issues.
Acorns Grow, the CNBC website offering financial and wealth information for consumers, has hired several new staff, including a deputy managing editor and multiple writers:
· Ester Bloom has joined as deputy managing editor. For the past two and a half years, she has been a senior editor for CNBC Make It, focused on the vertical’s Money content. Previously, Ester was a contributing editor at The Billfold and a contributing writer for The Atlantic. Her work has also appeared in Slate, Salon and Quartz.
· Jenna Goudreau has become the managing editor of the site, in addition to her responsibilities as managing editor and VP at CNBC Make It. She joined CNBC in 2018 from Business Insider, where she spent five years, most recently as deputy editor.
· Stephen Parkhurst has joined as senior video producer. Most recently, he was a supervising series producer for Insider Inc., responsible for overseeing production on series and long form video content for INSIDER and Business Insider. He has spent most of his career as a freelance video producer, director and editor with his work being featured in The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, The Huffington Post, Mashable and New York Daily News.
· Samuel Becker has joined the team as senior writer. Previously, he was a financial writer for Stash Invest, a digital-first financial services company. Before that, Becker was a senior writer for The Cheat Sheet where he covered money, personal finance and career strategy.
· Myelle Lansat has joined as a writer. Prior to Grow, she was a Your Money intern at Business Insider and freelance reporter for Bankrate.com.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.