The Washington Post has hired James Pace-Cornsilk as a video editor and reporter on the teach team in San Francisco. He has been a freelance video journalist for the past three years and his work had already appeared in many of The Post’s pieces. His work has also appeared on Netflix, HBO, “PBS News Hour” and The Wall Street Journal.
The Wall Street Journal has announced several new hires as well as new coverage for a handful of its reporters across the newsroom:
· Dana Mattioli now covers Amazon, after spending the last six years on the M&A beat. She joined The Journal in 2008 and has since also covered retail and management.
· Lillian Rizzo now covers the cable industry and cable operators like Comcast and Charter Communications, as well as TV station groups like Sinclair. She was most recently a WSJ Pro reporter and joined the paper in 2015 from Dow Jones Newswires.
· Cara Lombardo has moved to covered M&A in addition to the activist investors beat she’s been on since 2018. She joined The Journal in 2017 as a breaking news reporter and before that work for the Associate Press as a legislative relief reporter.
· David Benoit is now a banking reporter covering the banking industry and J.P. Morgan Chase. He was previously on the financial enterprise beat and has been with the paper since 2012.
· Jana Zabkova is now a senior publishing editor for WSJ Pro integrated editing desk. She has been an editor at the paper since 2009, and most recently served as a senior publishing editor on the publishing desk.
· Lauren Silva Laughlin has joined the staff as senior columnist for the Heard on the Street column covering energy and industrial companies out of the Dallas Bureau. She previously worked for Reuters Breakingviews as a columnist and has also contributed to Fortune.
· R.T. Watson has joined as a reporter covering Hollywood; he is based in the Los Angeles Bureau. Watson comes from Bloomberg Business where spent the last three years as a reporter.
Betsey Guzior has been named editor at Bizwomen, the news site dedicated to serving women in business and published by American City Business Journals. She replaces Tammy Tierney, who has exited the publication after two years. Guzior was most recently the engagement editor at Bizwomen and joined the staff in 2015 after spending 14 years at The State.
Medscape has tapped Ellie Kincaid as an associate managing editor. She comes from Forbes, where she served as an assistant editor and wrote online news stories and enterprise features about the business of healthcare and biotech for two years. Prior to that, she was an intern at The Wall Street Journal’s health and science bureau.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.