May 10, 2019
Media Moves US,
/ by Anna Marevska
The CNN Washington, D.C., bureau has promoted a political analyst and a video producer:
· Ryan Lizza has been upped to senior political analyst. He was previously a political analyst for the network and will continue his role as the chief political correspondent for Esquire. He has also worked for The New Yorker, The New Republic, and GQ.
· Sarah Mucha has joined the CNN Political Unit as video producer and campaign embed covering the 2020 presidential campaign. The promotion comes after Mucha spent the last six months as an associate assignment editor for CNN. She joined then network in 2017 as a news associate.
Steve Clemons has joined The Hill as editor at large where he will write a biweekly column and help expand the publication’s events planform. He was supposed to join Axios last month, but the deal fell through. Clemons was most recently the Washington editor at large at The Atlantic and has held the same title at The National Journal.
The New York Times has welcomed two new staff and switched the beat to another:
· Rebecca Chao has joined the paper as a senior staff editor and part of the Flexible Editing desk. She comes from the WorldPost where she spent less than a year as a senior editor. Before that, Chao was the deputy web editor for Foreign Affairs Magazine, and an associate editor for Civic Hall.
· Vivian Giang has joined the Flexible Editing desk as senior staff editor. She was most recently a freelance business editor and specialized on topics like gender, leadership, entrepreneurship, and more. Her bylines have appeared in Fortune, Fast Company, Quartz, Marie Claire, among others.
· Julia Jacobs is the new culture general assignment reporter and covers TV, movies, pop music, dance, theater, classical music and art. She joined the paper in 2019 and spent the 10 months on The Times’s Express desk, where she covered mostly breaking news.
Dominic Chu has been named senior markets correspondent at CNBC. Chu was most recently a markets reporter for the business news network, where he has been since 2013. Prior to that, he was a New York City-based correspondent for Bloomberg Television.
American Lawyer magazine has recruited a new reporter and a new litigation editor:
· Patrick Smith has joined as a reporter covering law news and national law firm business development. He has previously covered sports business and news for Golf Magazine, The Bridge, and the New York Daily News.
· Alaina Lancaster is the new litigation editor for American Lawyer and is based in San Francisco. She comes from Winsight, where she spent three years as associate editor, and before that worked for Vox Magazine as a news and insight editor.
Jim McKay has joined WBZ-AM radio in Boston as a midday anchor and reporter. He spent the last three years as at SiriusXM Fox News Headlines 24/7 as a morning anchor and before that worked as a reporter and fill-in anchor at CBS Radio in Washington, D.C.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Media Moves US
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.
1-877-297-8912from 8 AM - 5 PM CT