NBC News has hired Kelley Bowles as a reporter. She is part of the Midwest bureau of the network located in Chicago. Bowles comes from WHBF-TV in the Quad Cities, where she has served as a multimedia journalist and reporter since 2017. The Chicago native has also previously intended at WGN-TV.
The Wall Street Journal has made several new staff appointments in its Chicago and San Francisco bureaus:
- Heather Haddon is the new restaurants reporter in Chicago. She will deliver scoops and enterprise on Amazon’s takeover of Whole Foods as well as the woes of Kroger and other grocers. She was most recently a food retail reporter and has been with The Journal since 2011. Before that, she spent a year at the New York Post.
- Sebastian Herrera has joined the San Francisco bureau as a tech news reporter with a focus on Amazon. He was previously a business and technology reporter at the Austin American-Statesman. Before the Statesman, he worked as a metro reporter at the Houston Chronicle.
- Heather Somerville has joined the San Francisco bureau as a reporter to cover venture capital and startups. She has previously covered tech at Reuters for four years and before that at the San Jose Mercury News. She has also covered education for the Fresno Bee and got her start in journalism at the Charlotte Observer.
- Robert Wall will join the San Francisco bureau as an editor. He comes from The Journal’s London bureau where he has spent the last five years as senior aerospace and aviation reporter. He spent his early reporting life covering the Pentagon before moving to Europe, where he worked for Aviation Week and then Bloomberg.
The Points Guy has hired two new reporters on the aviation beat:
- Edward Russell is the new senior aviation business reporter. He comes from FlightGlobal where he spent the last three years as Americas finance editor.
- Zach Wichter has joined the website as aviation business reporter. He was previously with The New York Times where he worked as a news assistant and Facebook Live producer on multiple desks. Wichter has also worked for NBC Dateline
Rebecca Ayers will join the newsroom of the Dallas Business Journal June 24 as a digital reporter. She is currently wrapping up her internship at GrepBeat, the online publication focusing on tech and startups. Before that, Ayers wrote for Business North Carolina and the Triad Business Journal on a freelancer basis.
Former Chicago news anchor Tamron Hall will return to the Windy City this fall for a five-nights-a-week primetime syndicated talk show on WCIU-TV. The show will air Monday through Friday from 8 to 9 p.m. Hall most recently spent a decade at NBC News where she anchored the daily show on MSNBC and co-hosted the 9 a.m. hour of the "Today Show." She left NBC in 2017. From 1997 to 2007 Hall was a news anchor at Fox-owned WFLD-TV in Chicago.
Craig Mish has joined Fantasy Sports Radio Network for a daily fantasy sports radio show titled “Fantasy Sports Today,” which made its debut on June 3. It airs weekdays from noon until 2 p.m. Mish is a former SiriusXM fantasy sports baseball radio host and is also the host of the Miami Marlin’s podcast “Swings and Mishes.”
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.