We've been quiet here lately, but we've been busy posting over on the Cision blog! It's a little bit of everything from psychology and branding best practices, to pitching travel journalists and influencers and more.
Check out our latest, and tweet us about any questions, comments or concerns:
- How Your Brand Can Take A Political Stand, a guest post from Brett Hyman
"When it comes to taking a stand on social and political issues, there’s more to be gained from speaking out than staying silent — but make sure you do it the right way. By listening, empathizing, and remembering the values that inspired your brand, you can add a meaningful voice to the cultural conversation."
- How to Use Psychology to Refresh the Rebrand Experience, a guest post from Kevin Thompson
"Rebrands are powerful things, though, and brand leaders should not waste an opportunity to forge a deeper audience connection."
- Pitch perfect travel: Top 5 travel pitching tips by Sarah A. Parker, just in time for those summer travel pieces! (Download the full 2019 Travel Pitching Kit for more.)
This is a golden rule of pitching, really: Find a way to make your story stand out. You don’t want to be lost in a sea of identical waterfall shots.
- Five Ways Social Media is Changing PR, a guest post from Christina Forrest
"These statistics alone show how much of an impact social media has had on the PR industry from a quantitative view, but what about the day-to-day changes that this technology brings to practitioners?"
- Be a Media Magnet: Communications & Storytelling in Emerging Markets by Melissa Meyer
"Understanding what sets good stories apart and garnering earned media is no doubt a part of every PR and comms professionals’ mandate, but does the approach change when it comes to emerging markets like cannabis?"
- How to Turn Your Slow News Day into a Conversation-Starter by Jennifer Tolhurst
"So how do you stay in the conversation without traditional news to share? You get creative, by conjuring relevant, engaging news out of the void. They key is to start by considering your intended audience: what do they care about, what do they need, and/or what common interests do you share?"
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.