Note: This is the last Media Moves post for 2019. We will return on Jan. 6, 2020. Happy Holidays!
The Associated Press has announced two promotions:
- Alexandra Jaffe has taken on a new role as a national political reporter based in Washington. She will focus on the Democratic presidential primary and ultimately the 2020 general election. Jaffe was most recently an Iowa-based political reporter for the AP and has spent the last eight months breaking news on the Democratic race. Jaffe joined the AP from Vice News Tonight, where she was a political correspondent, and before that worked for NBC News.
- Paul Byrne has been named news director for South America’s Southern Cone region. He is based in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and will lead coverage for Argentina, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay and Bolivia. Byrne has been a senior video journalist in the Southern Cone since 2015 and before the AP freelanced for The Guardian, the BBC and RTE in Argentina.
Lawrence Lewitinn has joined CoinDesk as managing editor in the Markets team. He was most recently the editor in chief of Modern Consensus, where he covered the technology, people, and culture of the cryptocurrency and blockchain world. Prior to that. Lewitinn worked for the Observer as deputy editor and business lead.
MarketWatch has hired Elisabeth Buchwald as a full-time reporter covering personal finance; she starts in January 2020. She was most recently a reporting intern at the outlet and covered personal finance, economics, and retirement. Buchwald has also previously interned at CNBC’s “Power Lunch.”
Tara Golshan is the new reporter for HuffPost in Washington, D.C., covering national politics and the 2020 presidential campaign. She comes from Vox.com, where she spent the last four years as a policy and politic reporter. Before that, Golshan worked for Agence France-Presse and the investigations team of the USA Today.
Broadway.com has welcomed Diep Tran as features editor. She spent the past eight years at American Theatre Magazine, most recently as senior editor. She also wrote the monthly column on equity, diversity and inclusion. Trans started her journalism career at American THEATRE Magazine in 2011 when she joined the staff as an intern.
Nexstar Media will shut down CLTV, the 24-hour local cable news channel in Chicago, at the end of December. The move comes three months after the company acquired Tribune Media, the parent company of WGN-TV, CLTV and WGN Radio. Most employees will remain with WGN-TV, including:
- Judy Wang, anchor/reporter.
- Dominick Stasi, executive producer.
- Jarrett Payton, sports reporter.
- Larry Hawley, sports producer.
- Gaynor Hall, general assignment reporter.
- Josh Frydman, sports anchor/reporter.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.