Yusuf Khan has joined The Wall Street Journal’s London bureau as a reporter covering markets, finance and the economy in London. He was most recently a markets reporter for Business Insider in London, where he wrote news and features on financial markets, current affairs and economics. Khan has previously an intern at Wales Online and the Financial Times.
Bloomberg News reporter Hailey Waller has relocated to the news service’s London office to cover energy. She joined Bloomberg in 2016 as a producer and eventually became a reporter. Prior to that, Waller had a brief stint at Business North Carolina as a reporter.
Dorothy Hinchcliff has joined Advisor Perspectives as its editor. She was previously the executive editor of Financial Advisor magazine, as well as editor of FA online and FA green, where she had worked since 2000. In her new role, Hinchcliff will develop new business opportunities, including conferences, research services and industry partnerships, in addition to all editorial responsibilities.
FundFire, the online news service for the institutional and high-net-worth asset management space, has hired Lisa Fu as an asset management reporter. She comes from PERE, where she covered the private equity real estate world since May 2018. Before that, Fu was an intern at Business Insider.
Gordon Wittenmyer will join NBC Sports Chicago in March as the new Cubs insider. He will continue as a contributor to sports talk radio WSCR-AM. Wittenmyer spent the past 12 years as a Cubs reporter for the Chicago Sun-Times and before that worked for the South Florida Sun-Sentinel and Seattle Times.
Black News Channel, the 24/7 multi-platform news and information channel created to feature culturally specific content for African Americans, has officially launched and has announced multiple hires:
- Venise Toussaint has joined the organization as an anchor. She comes from WCTV-TV in Southwest Georgia, where she spent the past two years as a morning and noon anchor.
- Rarione Maniece has joined the staff as an anchor and is part of the “BNC Morning Edition” segment for BNC. She was previously at CBS19 and before that at Gray Television in Virginia.
- Fred Hickman is the new evening anchor. He comes from WDVM-TV in Maryland, where he spent almost two years as the primetime anchor.
- Laverne McGee has also joined as an anchor and broadcasts alongside Fred Hickman. She was most recently a freelance reporter in Florida.
- Kelly Wright has joined as a host of “The Kelly Wright Show.” He was most recently an anchor and correspondent for Fox News for 15 years.
- Laura McNeal has joined the staff as chief legal correspondent and will appear on various shows on the network. She is also a law and policy analyst at Harvard Law School and has contributed law, education policy, criminal justice, social activism and sports and race relations through op-eds and radio and television news features for CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC, NPR, and more.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
For commentary and coverage on the intersection of journalism, emerging media and blogging, visit Cision’s Beyond Bylines blog.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.