- Texas Tribune reporter and associate editor Kiah Collier has joined the unit as a reporter. She has been with the Texas Tribune since 2015 reporting on energy and environmental policy, and before that worked for the Austin American-Statesman and The Houston Chronicle.
- Vianna Davila has joined the investigative team as a reporter. She was previously the editor in chief of the Seattle Times’ Project Homeless initiative and began with the project in 2017 as a reporter before becoming editor in 2019.
- Lomi Kriel has joined as a reporter. She spent the past six years as an immigration reporter for the Houston Chronicle where she reported o immigration on the Texas border and won the 2019 George Polk Award for national reporting for her immigration coverage.
- Jeremy Schwartz joins the staff after nearly a decade as an investigative reporter covering issues including voting rights and border security for the Austin American-Statesman and USA Today Network.
- Perla Trevizo has joined the staff as a reporter. She spent more than ten years covering immigration and border issues in Tennessee and Arizona before joining the Houston Chronicle as an environmental reporter.
Manny Fernandez has been named Los Angeles bureau chief of The New York Times and will begin his duties in the summer. He is currently the Houston bureau chief at the paper, a position he has held since 2011. Fernandez joined The Tomes in 2005 as politics reporter and before that spent five years at the Washington Post.
Quartz and Quartz at Work has promoted Heather Landy to executive editor, upped from editor. She will continue to lead the team and will also oversee the talent lab. Landy has been with Quartz since 2014 and helped launch Quartz at Work in 2017. Before that, she was the editor in chief of American Banker magazine.
Pamela Mitchell is the new editor in chief of Pets+ Magazine. She was promoted to the top editorial position after spending the past three years as a senior editor. Previous roles include writing and editing for Dogster, Village Voice Media, Houston Chronicle and The Hartford Courant.
KQRA-FM rock radio in Springfield, Missouri, has welcomed Scott Ellis as program director. He was previously a PD at KMOJ-FM in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and before that spent more than a decade in the same capacity at KSPW-FM in Sparta, Missouri.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
For commentary and coverage on the intersection of journalism, emerging media and blogging, visit Cision’s Beyond Bylines blog.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.