The Wall Street Journal has announced a staff promotion in London and multiple coverage updates for staff at its San Francisco bureau:
- Jenny Strasburg has been promoted to senior correspondent, cyber, and now covers cybercrimes, based in London. She’ll cover the new cyber threats that companies, governments and individuals face, working closely with the Journal’s technology and intelligence reporters around the world. Strasburg joined The Journal in 2008 and has covered topics ranging from hedge funds and markets regulation to big banks and sprawling insider-trading schemes.
- Yoree Koh, a reporter out of the San Francisco bureau, now covers kids and technology as well as general tech news. She has been with The Journal since 2013 and before that interned at FINS.com.
- Also, in the San Francisco bureau, senior writer Betsy Morris now covers Twitter and disinformation. She moved to San Francisco three years ago, and has since written about mobile tech, tech's impact on kids, tech addiction and tech leaders. Morris has joined The Journal in 2012 after spending almost 14 years at Fortune magazine.
- Deepa Seetharaman, another tech reporter in San Francisco, now focuses on tech and politics and policy and how social media companies are managing their political and regulatory challenges ahead of 2020. She previously covered Facebook and has been on staff since 2015.
- Georgia Wells now covers Bytedance and TikTok in partnership with Asia staff, as well as Snap and uses and abuses of social media broadly. She has previously covered Facebook and Twitter and has been with The Journal since 2013. Wells is also based in San Francisco.
Ben Widdicombe has been appointed editor in chief of Avenue Magazine. He is a New York Times contributor and the author of the popular social column, “No Regrets,” which has run weekly in the Thursday Style section since 2018. He has also been a contributing editor for Town & Country magazine writing on topics from arts and entertainment to celebrity and high society. In addition, he has also contributed to Vanity Fair, Departures, and New York magazines, as well as newspapers internationally ranging from Britain’s Guardian to the Sydney Morning Herald.
Wirecutter, the tech product site run by The New York Times, has hired Justin Redman as a staff writer. He was most recently had a brief stint as a writer for WizardsXTRA and before that served as assistant opinion editor at Collegiate Times, the student-run newspaper serving Virginia Tech.
The Athens Banner-Herald has announced the appointment of Caitlyn Stroh-Page as executive editor of print and digital. She will assumed her new role March 9 and succeeds Kevin Clark will departs the company April 3. Stroh-Page comes to Athens from the Lexington (KY) Herald-Leader where she worked for the past three years. Prior to her tenure in Lexington, Stroh-Page spent time at The (Macon) Telegraph as a digital producer and formerly served as a contributor to the Banner-Herald.
Join the Coronavirus Outbreak List
The coronavirus (COVID-19) is a viral epidemic of global concern, with direct repercussions for healthcare, trade, travel, and beyond. If you're seeking related content for this ongoing incident, get added onto Cision's list for coronavirus coverage and receive relevant information about the Coronavirus Outbreak direct from PRs.
To join the Coronavirus Outbreak contact list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, putting ‘Coronavirus’ in the Subject, and ‘Subscribe’ in the email body. Journalists can choose to update their details at any time, and even ask to be removed at a later date.
Additionally, if you’re looking for PR help with Coronavirus Outbreak-related editorial (interviews, expert comments, etc.), use our free HARO service to send call outs to PRs. Find out more by visiting www.helpareporter.com
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.