The New York Times has announced two promotions:
- Caitlin Roper has been named executive producer for scripted projects. She will work alongside Hollywood producers in developing and producing fictional projects inspired by the paper's reporting. Roper has been a senior editor at The New York Times magazine since 2016, has been unofficially doing this work for several months; she was the one who developed the 1619 Project partnership with Lionsgate, Oprah Winfrey and Nikole Hannah-Jones.
- Farah Stockman has joined Opinion as a writer covering foreign policy and national affairs as a member of the editorial board. She joined The Times in 2016 and has since written stories about race and class and middle America. Prior to that, Stockman spent 16 years at the Boston Globe.
Desiree Stennett will join the Orlando Sentinel Aug. 24 as a reporter covering race in Central Florida. She is currently wrapping up her duties as a business and development reporter for the Commercial Appeal in Memphis, Tennessee. Her last day there is Aug. 21. Stennett has been with the Commercial Appeal since 2018 and before that worked for the Penny Hoarder as senior writer.
- Tara Donaldson has been named an executive editor at WWD, and head of diversity, equity and inclusion at Fairchild Media. In her new role, she will help guide diversity, equity and inclusion efforts across Fairchild Media. Donaldson was most recently the editorial director for Sourcing Journal and has been on staff since 2013.
- Peter Sadera has been appointed editor in chief of Sourcing Journal. He is a 20-year veteran of Fairchild, serving in various editorial roles at WWD. Most recently, he was the managing editor of WWD, a position he has held since 2010.
WKBN-TV, CBS-affiliated television station licensed to Youngstown, Ohio, has named Alexis Walters evening anchor. She begins her duties on Aug. 10 and will deliver the news for the station's at 5, 6, 10 and 11 p.m. broadcasts. Walters was most recently a reporter/meteorologist at the station and has been on staff since 2017.
WGBH News public television in Boston has hired two journalists:
- Carrie Saldo has joined the station as a reporter covering Worcester County. She comes from sister station New England Public Media in Springfield where she most recently served as the host of the nightly news magazine program “Connecting Point.” She has also reported from the Berkshires and Pioneer Valley as a reporter with the North Adams Transcript, the Berkshire bureau chief of WAMC and as a reporter for the Berkshire Eagle.
- Megan Woolhouse has joined the staff as a reporter covering education. She leads the reporting team for the WGBH News K-12 education desk. Woolhouse comes from The Boston Globe where she spent 13 years covering both metro and business stories. She has also worked at The Advocate in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and The Courier-Journal in Louisville, Kentucky, before building a healthcare and biotechnology beat as a business reporter at The Atlanta Business Journal.
Be a Live Guest on Cision's Take 5 Series!
The Take 5 sessions is a bi-weekly series hosted by Cision where we discuss today’s top media trends, everyday tips for PR pros on how to best work with journalists, and the state of the industry. If you’d like to be considered as a speaker for this series, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.