Maurice Peebles starts as the new editor in chief of Complex next week, overseeing all news and editorial content as of Oct. 5. Peebles comes to Complex from SportsNet New York, where he served as editor in chief since 2018. Prior to this, he worked for The Bleacher Report as senior managing editor, senior deputy editor and deputy editor, beginning in 2017. Before that, he was a deputy editor and associate editor at Complex. Peebles replaces Damien Scott in the top editor role.
Variety has three new updates in its digital newsroom:
- William Earl is now an editor for Variety.com. He comes to Variety from Penske Media Corporation, where he was director of digital development for 32 outlets, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline and WWD. Prior to this, he was digital director for IndieWire.
- Jordan Moreau was promoted to online news editor for Variety. He was previously associate web editor, following an internship with the outlet.
- Ellise Shafer was promoted to associate web editor for Variety, most recently an intern for the outlet, following an internship with Billboard.
At cryptocurrency news site CoinTelegraph, Jon Rice is the new editor in chief. He was most recently managing editor for CoinTelegraph's magazine, joining the outlet in February 2020. Before joining CoinTelegraph, Rice was co-founder and managing editor of his own brand, CryptoBriefing.
Catherine Douglas Moran is the newest associate editor at Grocery Dive, part of the Industry Dive family of sites covering various industry news. She comes to Grocery Dive from Local News Now, where she was chief editor for the Tysons Reporter site. Before that, she was a reporter for Local News Now's Reston Now site, following a stint as a freelance writer for various outlets in Virginia and Washington, D.C., including Arlington Magazine, Washington City Paper and the DC Line.
WGN-AM in Chicago has announced two changes to its afternoon lineup:
- Veteran WGN anchor Steve Betrand will host a new program, 'Chicago's Afternoon News,' which airs from 4 to 7 p.m. starting this week. He has been an anchor for WGN Radio for over three decades, and served a stint as news director.
- Anna Davlantes, a longtime Chicagoland broadcaster, will now host an expanded three-hour block for WGN, from 1 to 4 p.m. She joined the station in 2014, after serving as anchor for the Good Day Chicago morning show on WFLD-TV FOX Chicago since 2009. Before that, she was an anchor/reporter for WMAQ-TV, NBC's Chicago affiliate.
Phil Lipof moved to WNBC-TV, New York City's NBC affiliate, as an anchor and reporter. Lipof was most recently with NBC News' Boston affiliate as an evening news anchor. Prior to this, Lipof was an anchor and reporter for WCVB-TV in Boston, following seven years as an anchor and reporter for WABC-TV in New York, and a stint as an anchor and reporter for WHDH-TV in Boston.
Be a Live Guest on Cision's Take 5 Series!
The Take 5 sessions is a bi-weekly series hosted by Cision where we discuss today’s top media trends, everyday tips for PR pros on how to best work with journalists, and the state of the industry. If you’d like to be considered as a speaker for this series, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes over 20,000 media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.