Bettina Makalintal has joined Bon Appétit magazine as associate print editor and covers food through the lens of pop culture, history, and cultural criticism. Most recently, Makalintal was a food and culture writer for Vice's Munchies vertical and has also previously worked at a cheese magazine.
POPSUGAR has named Chris Roney as its first standards and ethics editor. In the newly created role, he will direct DEI initiatives across all content in the US and UK. He will also train all staff and contribute to the evolution and training of standards across Group Nine Media (Thrillist, NowThis, POPSUGAR, The Dodo, Seeker). Roney joined POPSUGAR in 2017 as a copy editor and most recently served as lead editor, copy.
Cosmopolitan has hired Christen A. Johnson as associate news editor. She covers news, pop culture, and entertainment, with a focus on analyzing culture and how it impacts and influences daily life. Previously, Johnson was a features reporter at the Chicago Tribune and covered life, culture, sax and relationships, health and parenting.
Shelton Boyd-Griffith has joined Grazia USA full time as special projects editor. He will cover culture and fashion and will produce content across all Grazia USA platforms. Boyd-Griffith previously contributed to the outlet as a contributing writer and producer, and before that interned ay Legacy Brothers.
SheKnows has promoted Louisa Ballhous to entertainment editor, upped from associate editor. In her new role, she covers celebrity life, famous families, and pop culture. Ballhous joined the outlet in 2019 as a writer and before that worked as an editor at Body Politic Co and as a writer at Bustle before that.
Sarah Madaus has been promoted to commerce writer at SELF. She covers new product launches within the wellness industry, wellness, fashion and beauty product recommendations, as well as gift guides and sales. She was most recently an editorial assistant at SELF and joined the staff in 2019.
Jordan Weissman has been promoted to senior editor at Slate and focuses on policy, politics, and economics. Most recently, he was a senior business and economics correspondent at the outlet and has been on staff since 2014. Prior to that, Weissman was an associate editor at The Atlantic and a reporter at The National Law Journal.
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has named two of its veteran staff as the new co-managing editors:
- Teresa Lindeman has been named managing editor, news and features, and focuses on the day-to-day oversight of the news report and staff development. She has been with the Post-Gazette since 1998 serving as a business reporter, then business editor and in 2019 was named assistant managing editor, business and features. She has been serving as acting managing editor since late 2020.
- David Garth has been named managing editor, editing and standards, and focuses on directing the newsroom's multimedia editing structure and production functions. Garth joined the Post-Gazette 1990 as a sports reporter and spent nearly 15 years in that role. He transitioned into management in 2009, when he became the Post-Gazette’s copy desk chief and assistant managing editor.
Aman Kidwai has joined Fortune as a reporter covering corporate responsibility and the future of work, diversity and inclusion. Kidwai comes to Fortune from Business Insider and Industry Drive, where he reported on workforce topics for a year. He has also worked at SB Nation and Gartner's HR practice.
CNN has welcomed Matt Egan as a business reporter. He was most recently a lead writer at CNN Business and had been on staff since 2014. Prior to that, Egan spent almost seven years at Fox Business Network as senior reporter.
The Washington Post has tapped Rachel Roubein as healthcare reporter and author of Health 202, the paper's daily healthcare newsletter. She was most recently a healthcare reporter at Politico and before that covered the same beat for The Hill for almost two years. Roubin has also previously covered health policy for the National Journal.
John Huetter is the newest reporter at Automotive News covering finance and insurance. He also serves as lead reporter for the weekly F&I email newsletter's content. Huetter spent the past five years as editorial content director/editor at Repairer Driven News and before that he was a freelance critic at Kirkus Reviews. He also previously worked for the Ren Gazette-Journal as breaking news/business editor.
Protocol has joined Michelle Ma as tech reporter covering leadership, management and work. She comes to the outlet from The Wall Street Journal where she served as news editor for love journalism and special coverage. Prior to that, Ma was a staff writer at Wirecutter.
Inc. has hired Rebecca Deczynski is a reporter covering startups, entrepreneurs and the workplace. She previously worked at Meredith Corp. as a health and wellness writer and before that she spent two years as Domino Media Group as a lifestyle editor and as a digital editor.
Morning Consult has hired an editor and a reporter:
- Adam Epstein has joined the outlet as senior editor in charge of Brands, Sports and Entertainment verticals. He spent the past seven years at Quartz, where he won a SABEW Best in Business award for his field guide, “How to Save TV Ads from Extinction.”
- Chris Teale has joined the staff as technology reporter. He comes to Morning Consult from Industry Drive, where most recently he worked as Smart Cities Dive reporter.
St. Louis Business Journal has welcomed James J. Drew as a reporter covering money and workforce in St. Louis. He was previously a state government reporter for McClatchy in Washington State. Drew is also a former reporter in the Austin bureaus of the Houston Chronicle and The Dallas Morning News. He has won several awards, including best investigative report award from the Texas Associated Press Managing Editors for reporting on irregularities in how the Texas cancer-fighting agency awarded grants.
Adweek has announced three staff promotions:
- Jameson Fleming has been promoted to agencies editor and oversees all coverage of ad agencies. He was most recently a senior editor for memberships and has been at Adweek since 2016, when he joined as associate web editor.
- Emmy Liederman is now agencies reporter. She spent the past three months as an e-commerce reporter and has been on staff since June.
- Kathryn Lundstrom has been named sustainability reporter. She spent the past two years as a breaking news writer and joined Adweek in 2019 from The Donut.
Sonia Moghe is now a reporter covering criminal justice for CNN in New York. She has been a producer for the network since 2014 and before that freelanced for CBS New York for a year. Moghe is also a former reporter for CBS Atlanta and News 12 the Bronx.
NPR has welcomed Jenna McLaughlin as a cybersecurity correspondent. Most recently, she worked for Yahoo! News as investigative national security reporter and before that covered the same beat for CNN. McLaughlin has also previously worked as a reporter for Foreign Policy and as an editorial fellow at Mother Jones.
Longtime Automotive News publisher, Jason Stein, has left the title to join SiriusXM Radio and host his own radio show titled "Cars & Culture with Jason Stein." The weekly one-hour show features high-profile car lovers, including auto industry leaders, racecar drivers, and more. Stein joined Automotive News as a reporter in 2003 after a journalism career that included positions in Canada, Ohio and Indiana. He was publisher of Automotive News Europe from 2006 to 2009 and editor of Automotive News from 2009 to 2017.
ABC's "Good Morning America" has announced a couple of management changes:
- Christine Brouwer has been promoted to executive broadcast producer. She is now second in command at GMA. Brouwer is a 13-yearveteran of ABC News and has been leading the morning show for three years, overseeing all broadcast segments and special events. She been a producer and senior producer of “World News Tonight” and led “World News Weekend” before being named senior broadcast producer of “GMA” in 2015.
- Simone Swink has been promoted to executive producer of GMA. She has been at the morning show since 2010 when she joined the staff as a writer. Most recently, she has helped manage the program with Christine Brouwer.
Max Kellerman has joined ESPN Radio's morning lineup as co-host of the morning talk show “Keyshawn, JWill & Max.” He recently exited ESPN's “First Take,” the morning show he has co-hosted since 2016.In addition to joining ESPN Radio’s morning lineup, Kellerman will also get a new series on the television network; he will also continue to host the weekly boxing show, “Max on Boxing” on ESPN2.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes thousands of media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.