The New York Times has welcomed Minju Pak as deputy editor of the Styles section. She spent the past several years as the managing editor of T: The New York Times Styles Magazine. Pak came to T Magazine from the Wall Street Journal magazine and was previously New York editor of The Hollywood Reporter. She is the recipient of a 2012 New York Foundation of the Arts grant in writing.
Megan Messerly will join Politico in January as a healthcare reporter covering heath policy. She is currently wrapping up her duties as a politics and health policy reporter at The Nevada Independent, a position she will leave on Dec. 17. Messerly has previously served as a political reporter at the Las Vegas Sun and a managing editor for The Daily Californian.
The Dallas Morning News has tapped Alexandra Skores as a breaking news reporter on the business news team; she starts in January. Skores spent the past four months as a reporting intern at The Oregonian and before that interned at The Dallas Morning News.
Jim Ferolie has been named regional executive editor of Adams Publishing Group of Southern Wisconsin. He succeeds Sid Schwartz, who retired in April. In his new role, Ferolie will oversee a collection of products that includes four five-day-a-week papers, two three-day papers, nine weeklies, 20-plus websites, 38 newsletters and 200-plus special sections. He spent most of his career leading news teams in small community papers at Woodward Communications Inc. and O’Rourke Media Group in the Madison, Wisconsin, area.
Janel Davis has joined The Washington Post as deputy education editor. She was most recently a senior editor for enterprise at the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and oversaw AJC's coverage of education, religion, the environment and immigration for three years. Before that, she was a senior editor of local digital news at the paper. and an assistant editor before that.
Axios will welcome Neil Irwin January 3 as chief economic correspondent covering the intersection of the US and global economies, markets and policy. He is currently a senior economic correspondent at The New York Times, a position he will leave on December 31. Irwin has been a The Times since 2014 and before that spent 13 years as a reporter at The Washington Post.
Morning Brew has tapped Daniel Bentley as managing editor of its newsletters "Sidekick" and "Money Scoop." He comes to the outlet from Fortune where he spent seven years; he was the magazine's first digital editor. Before that, Bentley was a senior editor at Circa 1605.
Caitlin Harrington has switched beats and now covers labor and workplace at WIRED. She was most recently a research editor at the magazine, a position she's held since 2017. Before joining WIRED, Harrington spent almost a decade at Global Healthcare LLC.
Bloomberg News in London has added two reporters:
- Denitsa Tsekova has joined as cross-asset reporter. She spent the past two years as a senior reporter at Yahoo Finance.
- Giulia Morpurgo has joined as leveraged finance and high yield reporter. Prior to that, she was at Debtwire as senior reporter.
Justine Griffin has been promoted to economy and growth editor at the Tampa Bay Times. She comes off a brief stint as the assistant business editor at the paper and before that served as the night editor. Griffin has been at the Tampa Bay Times since 2015 and before that spent several years at the Sarasota Herald-Tribune.
The Wall Street Journal has added two reporters:
- Suman Bhattacharyya has joined the paper as a reporter covering emerging technologies, processes and business models at large companies for the Journal’s CIO Journal. Prior to that he was a freelance reporter with bylines at The Wall Street Journal, Protocol, Banking Dive, Payments Dive, Tearsheet, FinLedger and others.
- Nidhi Subbaraman has joined the staff as a reporter covering climate and earth sciences. She was most recently a health and science at Nature, and before that covered science at BuzzFeed.
NBC News has added four across the newsroom:
- Natasha Korecki has joined as senior national political reporter. She was most recently a White House correspondent at Politico.
- Kat Tenbarge is the new tech & culture reporter. She spent the past three years at Insider.
- Benjamin Goggin will join NBC News as deputy tech editor on January 5. He comes to the network from Insider, where he was the digital culture editor for two years.
- Dana Varinsky is the new breaking health news editor at NBC News Digital. She also comes to NBC from Insider, where she spent six years, most recently as deputy editor, science and sports.
Ryan Scott has joined WGBA-TV, the NBC station in Green Bay, Wisconsin, as a news reporter. He was previously the content operations manager at WTMJ-TV in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and had been at the station for two decades.
NBC-owned WRCB-TV, in Chattanooga, Tennessee, has promoted Megan Robert to assistant news director, upped from executive producer. Her second stint at the station started in 2017 and before that Robert worked at WSMV-TV in Nashville. She was a senior morning producer at WRCB-TV from 2013 to 2015.
Events: Do you have an upcoming media industry event you want to share? Email us.
Media Moves: Keen to shout about a new job, change of beat, new launch or pick up some commissions? Email us.
The Cision research team makes thousands of media updates to our influencer database each day! If you have a media move, send it to email@example.com. Also, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/media_moves.
Most Recent Posts
Cision Blogs Topics
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.