Falcon employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way—all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
Falcon.io provides a unified SaaS platform for social media listening, engaging, publishing and managing customer data. We enable our clients to explore the full potential of digital marketing by managing multiple customer touch points from one platform. Our platform has already achieved great international traction in the market, with its technology endorsed by partnerships with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Founded as Falcon Social in Copenhagen in 2010, we now also have offices in New York City, Berlin, Budapest, Sofia, Chennai, Melbourne, and growing. We’re a highly diverse team, and we’re always looking for passionate and curious people who want to be part of a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
Falcon.io has an ethos of encouraging autonomy, ambition, boldness and experimentation. We value open people who take initiative and aren’t afraid to fail, learn from mistakes, adjust, and try to get better at what they do every day.
Working at our Sofia office, you will be part of a team of more than 20 employees in the global finance department, with finance colleagues in Sofia, Copenhagen, Germany, and India. We are working closely together with the finance colleagues from other Cision group companies, especially within Germany, and support them with their finance processes. You will play an active role in managing the entire Purchase to Pay process for the Cision entities within the DACH region and you will also be ready to participate in accounting processes, especially at busy month-end periods.
What you will do:
- Ensure correct and timely posting, approval, and payment of all supplier invoices
- Flag and clarify any unusual or questionable invoice items
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues as needed
- Process approval and payment of expense reports
- Record and reconcile monthly credit card transactions
- Perform postings and reconciliations for bank and credit card accounts
- Answer and clarify any questions from suppliers or employees relating to the payment process
- Support the month-end close and reporting process
- Participate in the optimization of finance processes across departments and entities
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
What you will need:
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills - Falcon's company language is English
- Fluent German skills are highly beneficial for this role
- A relevant bachelor's degree (or higher) and 2-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience working with common ERP and AP Automation systems (experience with NetSuite or Basware is preferred but not required)
- A solid understanding of general accounting principles and comfort with standard month-end close procedures, such as balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis
- An analytical mindset with a desire to fulfill tasks in a detail-oriented way
- An outgoing personality, with a love for proactively tackling problems
- Strong team player with the ability to communicate with colleagues and suppliers from all over the world
What we offer:
- Deep and varied experience working in a modern and fast-paced company with an international focus
- The opportunity to develop a diverse set of finance and accounting skills
- High responsibility and excellent career possibilities
- An open, informal, and diverse working environment, with a Bulgarian office in Sofia
- Flexible working hours, excellent remuneration, and a social benefits package
Falcon is part of Cision Ltd—a leading global provider of innovative earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Falcon's commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.