Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way—all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
Reporting to the HR Lead DACH & Nordics, the HR Generalist will play an important role in supporting all aspects of the day-to-day HR administration and employee relations. S/he will be also required to work closely with the business and managers and act as a support in dealing with HR related general queries across the whole employee lifecycle. Cision is a global company with many functions structured globally so this role will also interface and collaborate with managers and HR partners internationally.
It will be also part of the role to partner and work with the local unions. A pragmatic and commercial approach will be required to drive real value.
The HR Generalist will also take part of and contribute to other relevant HR related areas such as internal communication and various HR projects.
Key responsibilities for the HR Generalist:
- Deal with basic and general queries directly or referring to appropriate member of the team regarding flexible working requests, maternity / paternity, sickness, etc., and escalating to HR Lead when required
- Collaborate with Global HR Centres of Excellence including Reward, TA and Talent Management to support and implement global annual cyclical processes
- Show proactive approaches in problem solving and dealing with first line employee queries
- Responsible for onboarding process in partnership with the T&A team
- Conduct exit interviews up to manager level and feedback to HR team on trends and related reports
- Work closely with HR Administration to support the daily administration duties
- Draft formal letters according to local law
- Track employee absence and report based on company policy, procedures and business needs
- Maintain and improve various reporting processes such as sickness, annual leave, headcount, turnover etc.
- Support the maintenance and updating HR templates and HR data
- Monitor, review and update all HR policies and ensure these are in line with the current legislation
- Be proactive in suggesting ways to improve HR systems / processes
- Support monthly payroll and benefit input, liaise with payroll team / third party provider where needed
- Support monthly payroll report checks
- Respond to payroll and benefits related queries when necessary
- Build and maintain a good relationship with the local unions to ensure a good cooperation between HR and the representatives
- Be part of the local negotiations with the unions as representative from the HR team
- Assist with designated HR projects and administrative support as required
Essential skills and experience:
- Proven experience of working in a HR Generalist role with exposure to Recruiting (Talent Acquisition), Performance Management and Reward processes
- Experience of working in global organization and in a standalone local capacity would be preferable
- Good understanding of employment legislation and best practice in the Nordics
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Office skills
- Experience of using HR Information Systems
- Good knowledge and understanding of the employee lifecycle and HR processes
- A self-starter with initiative, drive and motivation to achieve
- Good client-handling skills
- Excellent HR administration skills
- Strong IT skills and proven ability to use (Word, Excel, Databases, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Good interpersonal skills (verbal and written) and the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels within the business as well as with a wide range of customers
- High degree of drive and initiative
- Tact and discretion - the ability to work within the boundaries of confidentiality
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of a wider regional and global HR team.
- Excellent communication skills and customer service focused
- Ability to multitask and maintain a high degree of accuracy whilst prioritizing workload
- Ability to stay focused under pressure
- Positive approach to work and understand the importance of teamwork and personal initiative in achieving departmental and company goals
Key internal relationships:
- It would be expected that the HR Generalist would interact closely with the HR team and key internal clients
As a global leader in PR, marketing and social media management technology and intelligence, Cision helps brands and organizations to identify, connect and engage with customers and stakeholders to drive business results. PR Newswire, a network of over 1.1 billion influencers, in-depth monitoring, analytics and its Brandwatch and Falcon.io social media platforms headline a premier suite of solutions. Cision has offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information about Cision's award-winning solutions, including its next-gen Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.com and follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and perform at their best. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge and named a “Top Diversity Employer” for 2021 by DiversityJobs.com.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.