Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way—all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
As the Manager of Software Engineering, you are responsible for the direct supervision and mentoring of software engineers that are either permanent or contract employees. You will be responsible for your team’s delivery of high-quality, robust, scalable software-as-a-service solutions to meet the needs of the Cision global organization. You will be expected to oversee and coach individual contributors such that they adhere to Cision’s Agile and Scrum development methodologies, deliver solutions in an iterative way each sprint, obey engineering best practices, and adhere to the highest standards of quality.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will improve our client’s experience and optimize internal processes for maximum efficiency. With your peers, you will assist in the effort of defining Cision’s development practices. You will work closely with the other Engineering and Product teams to help Cision deliver high quality software to our customers.
The successful candidate will offer experience leading distributed teams and be passionate about software delivery. You will have the technical acumen to understand applications, development methodologies, test automation, and continuous integration strategies.
- Mentor professional growth and day-to-day operational logistics for your team, including new hire recruitment/orientation, expense reporting/time off, resource scheduling and project management, technical training/skills growth, and morale at an individual as well as team level.
- Understanding of high level OOP languages, RDMS and cloud platforms as well as a broad knowledge of Enterprise level, web-based application development and design.
- Minimize intra-team performance liabilities that must necessarily escalate up to or be driven down from R&D and Technology senior management for resolution.
- Assure education, awareness, and adherence of your team to Cision software development processes and standards, including Scrum agile development, automated unit and functional testing, internationalization, usability, scalability, and service oriented architecture initiatives.
- 3+ years of experience managing software engineering professionals.
- Proven experience of coaching/mentoring engineers in an Agile environment.
- Significant enterprise scale, SaaS development experience.
- Experience managing remote teams and resources in various regions.
- Experience working with Social API’s and Platforms.
- Experience with cloud platforms and CI/CD.
- Strong experience with C#.NET
- Preferably have experience with React, MySQL, MS SQL Server, NoSQL, or ElasticSearch.
As a global leader in PR, marketing and social media management technology and intelligence, Cision helps brands and organizations to identify, connect and engage with customers and stakeholders to drive business results. PR Newswire, a network of over 1.1 billion influencers, in-depth monitoring, analytics and its Brandwatch and Falcon.io social media platforms headline a premier suite of solutions. Cision has offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information about Cision's award-winning solutions, including its next-gen Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.com and follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and perform at their best. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge and named a “Top Diversity Employer” for 2021 by DiversityJobs.com.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.