Falcon employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way—all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
Falcon.io provides a unified SaaS platform for social media listening, engaging, publishing and managing customer data. We enable our clients to explore the full potential of digital marketing by managing multiple customer touch points from one platform. Our platform has already achieved great international traction in the market, with its technology endorsed by partnerships with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Founded as Falcon Social in Copenhagen in 2010, we now also have offices in New York City, Berlin, Budapest, Sofia, Chennai, Melbourne, and growing. We’re a highly diverse team, and we’re always looking for passionate and curious people who want to be part of a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
Falcon.io has an ethos of encouraging autonomy, ambition, boldness and experimentation. We value open people who take initiative and aren’t afraid to fail, learn from mistakes, adjust, and try to get better at what they do every day.
With the recent merger of Falcon and Brandwatch, we continue to grow and expand our teams and we are looking for a Compensation & Benefits Accountant to join our team.
As Compensation & Benefits Accountant, you will join an ambitious and fast-moving team and company with international breadth. You will be part of the global Compensation & Benefits Department, with colleagues in Copenhagen and Sofia. You will report directly to a Team Lead Compensation & Benefits and be a part of and work closely with the rest of the Operations Team. We are looking for a new team member for the Sofia office that is detail oriented, comfortable developing relationships with relevant stakeholders, and is not intimidated by numbers. You should be a team player that fundamentally believes we are stronger together.
A key component of the role is understanding the personnel costs within the regions in scope and how these costs contribute to the global success of the company, and you will help the business to understand, reflect and act upon their departmental personnel costs and metrics.
As a highly performance-driven organisation, commission and variable compensation are an integral part of how we run, value and measure our commercial performance. As such, you will be in a role and part of a team that is reaching higher than just making sure that the employees are getting paid correctly. We want to ensure that compensation is accurately calculated and reported to management in an informative format that facilitates measurement and decision making. In other words, we play an integral role in contributing to an informed and forward facing business.
What you'll do
- Be responsible for controlling and approving payroll for several locations, and around 300 employees;
- Gain a deep understanding of the payroll regulations in different jurisdictions;
- Post the relevant accounting entries and accrual calculations for all payrolls and entities you are responsible for;
- Participate actively in month end close and balance sheet reconciliations;
- Participate actively in C&B projects including a payroll vendor alignment project launching in 2022;
- Performing variance analysis and writing commentary for management reporting and budgeting;
- Work closely with the Global FP&A team on budget topics, employees cost analysis, etc;
- Perform relevant statistical analysis and track metrics related to compensation;
- Assist in development, optimisation and implementation of Compensation & Benefits processes for the entire company;
- Enhance Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and internal controls;
- Participate in ad hoc Compensation & Benefits and cross-departmental projects.
What you have
- A relevant bachelor's degree, or higher, and 3 - 5 years experience in a similar or financial role;
- Attention to detail, analytical mindset, and a structured approach to your daily tasks;
- Eager to work in a global team supporting the entire company;
- A service-minded and problem-solving attitude to both small and big tasks;
- Outgoing personality, and fast learner who enjoys proactively tackling problems;
- Keenness to challenge the status quo and drive improvement through change;
- A good understanding of general accounting principles and standard procedures such as accruals, reconciliations, and variance analysis;
- Experience working with common ERP & Accounting Systems - experience with NetSuite is preferred but not required;
- Excellent English skills - the company language is English.
What we offer
- An open, informal and multinational working environment;
- High level of responsibility and positive developing exposure;
- An employer with high ambitions for you and excellent career opportunities;
- Flexible working hours;
- Lunch, drinks and healthy snacks daily – when the office reopens;
- Social events like Friday bar, company outings and more.
Falcon is part of Cision Ltd—a leading global provider of innovative earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Falcon's commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.