Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way—all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
The Principal Software Engineer at Cision is a leadership position focused on technical strategy and delivery. As a Principal Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in designing, building, and testing new and innovative solutions for our clients.
You will work alongside Engineering and Product leadership as well as application Architects and Development teams to formulate high-quality, scalable designs that balance short-term needs and long-term objectives. In addition, you may be involved in product configuration, performance tuning and testing, and production monitoring.
- Seek out, create, and lead innovative programs, software, and analytics that drive improvements to the availability, scalability, efficiency, and latency of Cision’s Communication Cloud Applications.
- Work with Directors and VPs to define and execute technical strategy and arbitrate technical processes and decisions.
- Work with development teams to guide future technical choices and foster cross-team collaboration
- Work across all teams to help define and clarify requirements, explore technical feasibility, help define product directions and plans.
- Work closely with product & engineering leaders and tech leads to turn requirements into actionable plans that teams can understand.
- Help define high-level architecture for large cross-team projects and initiatives.
- Develop POC's and prove out ideas.
- Embed with teams from time to time to write code, provide technical guidance, etc.
- Experience with large-scale system design, algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Experience working with automation in critical production environments, ensuring their reliability.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience leading large, fast paced and dynamic engineering teams.
- Experience defining system and/or process requirements for large-scale systems.
- Deep understanding of data networks and supporting product features, services and technologies.
- Capable of technical deep-dives into code, networking, operating systems and storage.
As a global leader in PR, marketing and social media management technology and intelligence, Cision helps brands and organizations to identify, connect and engage with customers and stakeholders to drive business results. PR Newswire, a network of over 1.1 billion influencers, in-depth monitoring, analytics and its Brandwatch and Falcon.io social media platforms headline a premier suite of solutions. Cision has offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information about Cision's award-winning solutions, including its next-gen Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.com and follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and perform at their best. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge and named a “Top Diversity Employer” for 2021 by DiversityJobs.com.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.