Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way—all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
The Cision Comms Cloud, and the Cision Comms Cloud NextGen are media monitoring tools that enable communications teams to plan and monitor their PR and earned media activities. Cision's product collect media content from print, online, radio, television and social media in addition to profiles of journalists and influencers to inform teams about how to connect with journalists and understand the brand impacts that PR activities hold.
Cision has an ethos of encouraging autonomy, ambition, boldness and experimentation. We value open people who take initiative and aren’t afraid to fail, learn from mistakes, adjust, and try to get better at what they do every day.
About the Role
As a Cision QA Engineer, you will help build, scale and improve the backend of a fast-growing Customer Experience platform. You will aid us in building a real time, scalable, stable platform serving thousands of clients in a reliable and performant manner. You will be using new technologies, to solve hard problems in a friendly and encouraging work environment. You will also be encouraged to share your experience and knowledge, sparring with your colleagues to grow together!
You will be joining the Budapest office where Cision already has several backend teams but primarily working with seasoned teams located in Germany, Canada and the US. Your colleagues are going to be experience at building high volume, stable, supportable enterprise software systems. They are also excited to help onboard and learn alongside new people and teams.
What You'll Do:
- Design and implement automation framework for our backend services
- Automate functional, system and performance test cases for Cision SAAS applications
- Validate highly scalable, high volume data processing
- Write clean, self-testing, well-documented code
- Be mindful of the business - by communicating with your colleagues and management, help us ensure that we’re building the right thing at the right time
What You Have:
- Minimum 2-3 years hands-on experience on a production system as QA engineer
- Good knowledge of Java, we are using Java 11
- Experience with relational and NoSQL (e.g. ElasticSearch) databases
- Good knowledge of RESTful APIs, their design and implementation
- Experience with messaging technologies, Kafka is a plus, we use it a lot
- Experience with building and/or running large-scale applications on a PaaS/SaaS cloud, preferably AWS
- Knowledge of Docker and containerization, Kubernetes a big plus
- English language fluency
What We Can Offer:
- An open and informal work environment
- Flexible working hours: work-life balance is essential for us
- High level of responsibility & autonomy
- Helpful colleagues and motivating working culture
- Work with a highly skilled team - you can learn a lot here
- Internal tech talks, skills-building resources and technical people leads who help you achieve mastery
- Newest technologies, room for experimentation
As a global leader in PR, marketing and social media management technology and intelligence, Cision helps brands and organizations to identify, connect and engage with customers and stakeholders to drive business results. PR Newswire, a network of over 1.1 billion influencers, in-depth monitoring, analytics and its Brandwatch and Falcon.io social media platforms headline a premier suite of solutions. Cision has offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information about Cision's award-winning solutions, including its next-gen Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.com and follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and perform at their best. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge and named a “Top Diversity Employer” for 2021 by DiversityJobs.com.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.