Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way—all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
Cision is seeking a dynamic, self-starter to lead, develop and coach a mid-market new business sales team located in Chicago. Our fast-paced, results-driven environment calls for individuals who are energetic, have a strong work ethic and are resourceful. We are looking for an individual who will bring great value to our clients, their team and the organization.
The primary responsibility of this person will be to lead a team that generates revenue growth through new customer acquisition. This leader will do so through the successful execution of key strategies such as, but not limited to, expanding Cision’s reach into the mid-market territory, cross-selling the software product into current accounts, and developing their sales team into high performing individuals.
You'll help us with:
- Lead a high-velocity Sales Development team in prospecting, cold-calling, outreach, and setting demos
- Own and exceed the demo and revenue quota for your team
- Motivate, coach, and inspire team members while helping them grow as individuals and as business people
- Guide Sales Development Representatives through the career path (typically to our sales organization)
- Analyze, report on, and continually optimize Sales Development team output. This requires you to be skilled in Salesforce, XANT, Zoominfo, LinkedIn, and good old-fashioned Excel pivot tables
- Optimize each team member’s pipeline as though it were a sales funnel, identifying weak points and teaching strategies to maximize results
- Partner with sales reps and managers to ensure ideal demo handoff and follow-up
- Combine knowledge of industry best practices with an openness to try new things to ensure that we’re always learning and maximizing team output
- Train and accelerate ramp time of new hires, then provide ongoing training and coaching
- Assist in recruiting and hiring to ensure we're bringing in top talent
You'll be a good fit if you have:
- Proven track record of performance as a successful MDR/SDR at a high growth company
- At least 1 year of experience managing a high-velocity lead generation team at a technology company
- Positivity and desire to uplift and share knowledge with those around you
- Experience in a SaaS recurring revenue model
- Willingness to "get in the trenches", roll up your sleeves and show the team how to do the work
- Mentorship and coaching experience/methodology that you're willing to share
- Stellar communication skills both over the phone and in writing
- Ability to forecast and articulate past forecasting
- Experience in SaaS sales, preferred
- Experience in or a strong understanding of Public Relations, preferred
- Sold to midsize and large companies, preferred
- Experience with monthly (or shorter) and non-transactional sales cycles, preferred
As a global leader in PR, marketing and social media management technology and intelligence, Cision helps brands and organizations to identify, connect and engage with customers and stakeholders to drive business results. PR Newswire, a network of over 1.1 billion influencers, in-depth monitoring, analytics and its Brandwatch and Falcon.io social media platforms headline a premier suite of solutions. Cision has offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information about Cision's award-winning solutions, including its next-gen Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.com and follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and perform at their best. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledgeand named a “Top Diversity Employer” for 2021 by DiversityJobs.com.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.