Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way—all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
Cision analyzes massive amounts of data to help public relations teams better manage their brands and is investing in data science to improve the products we offer. You have a chance to be a part of this at an early stage - helping drive significant value by working on highly visible projects that involve challenging machine learning problems.
As a Senior Data Scientist, your primary focus will be delivering high-quality machine learning models that will be used in our products. This will require experiences applying your machine learning knowledge, the ability to perform thorough data analysis takes, and a proven ability to effectively work cross-functionality across teams.
- Participate in the development of complex machine learning solutions
- Analyze data, design, build and deploy machine learning models
- Work independently to build tools and services to exploit insights discovered
- Work closely with product managers, engineers, and other analysts to translate your prototypes into production
- Demonstrates sound judgement in taking risks, managing workload, escalating issues and concerns
- Experience delivering machine learning solutions in products
- Advanced degree in a relevant quantitative field (e.g. mathematics, statistics, economics, etc.)
- Expertise in statistical analysis software (Pandas, Numpy, Sklearn, R) and database programming languages (such as SQL)
- Proficient with several ML/NLP frameworks (scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Theano)
- Proficiency in at least one of the general purpose programming languages such as Python, Java, or C++
- Innate curiosity regarding how to use big data to answer big questions and inform decisions
- Ability to communicate highly technical information and concepts in a way that resonates with non-technical audiences
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience, preferably in a software development environment
- Minimum of 3 years of experience applying advanced mathematical and statistical techniques to business problems
On Any Given Day You'll Be...
- Experimenting with the different modeling techniques in AWS Sage Maker
- Analyzing model outputs and developing plans to improve performance
- Combining through data to develop interesting features
- Searching for open sourced models to solve various NLP tasks
As a global leader in PR, marketing and social media management technology and intelligence, Cision helps brands and organizations to identify, connect and engage with customers and stakeholders to drive business results. PR Newswire, a network of over 1.1 billion influencers, in-depth monitoring, analytics and its Brandwatch and Falcon.io social media platforms headline a premier suite of solutions. Cision has offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information about Cision's award-winning solutions, including its next-gen Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.com and follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and perform at their best. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge and named a “Top Diversity Employer” for 2021 by DiversityJobs.com.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.