Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way—all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
As a Cision DevOps/Senior DevOps Engineer, you will help in support, release and deploy the application of a fast-growing customer experience platform. You will aid us in supporting a real time, scalable, stable platform serving thousands of clients in a reliable and performant manner. You will be using new technologies, to solve hard problems in a friendly and encouraging work environment. You will also be encouraged to share your experience and knowledge, sparring with your colleagues to grow together!
What you will do
· Responsible for Release management & Deployments
· Troubleshooting & Break-fix Production Application support
· Support and Improve processes around continuous integration and automated deployments
· Maintain continuous availability of 24/7 Global mission critical Applications, Services and Products
· Work closely with Software Engineering and IT Global Infrastructure to Support environmental needs of development, QA, Product Management & Customer Support
· Interface directly with Enterprise Architecture and Software Engineering leadership to architect the most efficient and effective environment & products
· Administering and maintaining source control systems, including branching and merging strategies – GIT and shared artifact management (BitBucket, Artifactory Pro)
· Manage and enhance build automation tools – msbuild, Maven, Gradle, Rake, Ivy
· Supervise & tune build/deployment pipeline to ensure proper configuration (Jenkins and Bamboo)
· Document all “stories” through Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence)
What you have
· 3+ years of experience in Java, Elasticsearch, Kafka and Cassandra
· 5+ years of experience with both Windows and Linux platforms, including the architecture, design, troubleshooting, administration, and management of a distributed systems environment or micro-service based environments
· Knowledge of open-source technologies highly desirable
· Expertise with Kubernetes required
· Expertise with Elasticsearch and Kafka
· Strong experience working on AWS and GCP
· AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certificate or similar (DevOps)
· Expertise with IaC solutions such as CloudFormation, Terraform (preferred)
· Experience with Ansible, or other SCM tools (Puppet, Chef, Salt) required, Ansible preferred
· Experience working in an Agile environment (2/3 week sprints)
· Strong experience with scripting languages (Python, Ruby, bash, Powershell)
· Familiar with NoSQL (MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra) or other similar high-read / high-write databases to manage big data class sets of application data preferably Cassandra
· Experience with Distributed Monitoring tools and Time Series Datastores (Grafana/InfluxDB, Sensu)
· Experience setting up and supporting log aggregation using Logstash (ELK stack)
· Experience working with APM tools (Instana, Datadog)
· Experience with CI/CD Pipeline tools, Jenkins and Bamboo Preferred
· Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving abilities as well as attention to detail
As a global leader in PR, marketing and social media management technology and intelligence, Cision helps brands and organizations to identify, connect and engage with customers and stakeholders to drive business results. PR Newswire, a network of over 1.1 billion influencers, in-depth monitoring, analytics and its Brandwatch and Falcon.io social media platforms headline a premier suite of solutions. Cision has offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information about Cision's award-winning solutions, including its next-gen Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.com and follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and perform at their best. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge and named a “Top Diversity Employer” for 2021 by DiversityJobs.com.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.