Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way—all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
Maybe you haven’t heard the Cision name in Portugal yet—but you will! The Cision family of companies, which has been hiring and operating in Portugal for 30 years. Now we are growing our Coimbra office, with plans to add more than a dozen positions in the next 12 months.
With that growth comes great opportunities. Join us and you will work on developing new products with a global impact and building teams here in Coimbra.
If you love writing code to solve complex, big data problems, then Cision Engineering is the place for you! We seek engineers who are passionate about building complete, production-quality software services—from scratch.
Cision has an ethos of encouraging autonomy, ambition, boldness and experimentation. We value open people who take initiative and aren’t afraid to fail, learn from mistakes, adjust, and try to get better at what they do every day. The ‘Cision experience’ is about opportunity: opportunity to create and build, opportunity to solve challenging problems, and opportunity to meet your career goals.
The Cision Communications Cloud, and the Cision Communications Cloud NextGen are media monitoring tools that enable communications teams to plan and monitor their PR and earned media activities. Cision's product collect media content from print, online, radio, television and social media in addition to profiles of journalists and influencers to inform teams about how to connect with journalists and understand the brand impacts that PR activities hold.
About the Role
Cision has an ethos of encouraging autonomy, ambition, boldness and experimentation. We value open people who take initiative and aren’t afraid to fail, learn from mistakes, adjust, and try to get better at what they do every day. As a Cision QA Engineer, you will help to shape quality assurance, development and deployment processes for your team and product. You will help build a QA automation suite for a product that has primarily only been tested by developers and end users so there is a lot of opportunity to bring your experience to bear. You’ll be working with a dev team that understands the need for quality, but not the path to get there.
What You'll Do:
- You will act as an advocate for quality and take significant part in designing and building a QA automation suite.
- Ensure tests verify both the “happy path” and common edge cases, user errors, and security vulnerabilities.
- Integrate tests into CI pipelines and monitoring frameworks.
- Document and perform manual testing steps, when needed.
- Compose (or automate creation of) bug reports with all the info needed for engineers to identify or recreate issues.
- Execute build scripts and evaluate production readiness of builds.
- Contribute to internal and cross-team discussions and engineering decisions.
- Work with other Cision QA Engineers to consolidate testing strategies and frameworks.
- Act as a product/customer advocate during planning and design discussions.
- Be mindful of the business - by communicating with your colleagues and management, help us ensure that we’re building the right thing at the right time.
Who You Are:
- An experienced quality advocate who has a passion for high quality, high availability, easy to use software.
- Hands-on and proactive, with a wealth of experience handling cross-department stakeholders.
- Enjoy sparring with team members, while at the same time making decisions that fit the overarching goals and deadlines.
What You Have:
- Minimum 5 years of quality assurance experience with a minimum of 3 years developing automated testing solutions.
- Expert knowledge of automated testing frameworks like Selenium or Cucumber.
- Strong debugging skills: able to determine root cause of failures and suggest specific fixes.
- Experience with continuous integration and build automation, preferably with Bitbucket or Jenkins.
- Recent experience with C#.
- Some experience with Linux is preferred, other automation frameworks require Linux to run.
- Strong problem solving skills. You’ll need to be able to dig into legacy code and figure out what it does and how to make it better.
- A bias toward building high quality, stable software. And the experience to know how to balance between quality and speed.
What We Can Offer:
- An open and informal work environment
- Flexible working hours; work-life balance is essential for us
- High level of responsibility & autonomy
- Internal tech talks, skills-building resources and technical people leads who help you achieve mastery
- Newest technologies, room for experimentation
As a global leader in PR, marketing and social media management technology and intelligence, Cision helps brands and organizations to identify, connect and engage with customers and stakeholders to drive business results. PR Newswire, a network of over 1.1 billion influencers, in-depth monitoring, analytics and its Brandwatch and Falcon.io social media platforms headline a premier suite of solutions. Cision has offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information about Cision's award-winning solutions, including its next-gen Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.com and follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and perform at their best. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge and named a “Top Diversity Employer” for 2021 by DiversityJobs.com.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.