Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way—all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
This role is responsible for the design, development, testing, deployment, maintenance, and support of commercial software, ensuring it meets all business and client requirements. #Li-Remote
- Leads team efforts to produce high quality software inclusive of requirements analysis, system design, implementation, testing, deployment and support.
- Leads initiatives to improve code structure for the entire development organization.
- Analyzes large, complex systems to determine performance bottlenecks, missing functionality, and bugs.
- Adheres to established protocols, procedures, and best practices to ensure quality of code.
- Mentor's other developers to instill best practices and ensure quality of work.
- Writes clear technical documentation and comments in code for other developers.
- Drives collaboration between teams on larger architectural changes. Writes clear requirements to recreate and/or correct issues.
- Understands features being developed across the product and how those will interact. Can call out risks to those interactions.
- Participates in team meetings and encourages an open, collaborative team dynamic.
- Communicates with team and management about deadlines, roadblocks, and status.
- Keeps up to date on relevant technologies, methodologies, and tools.
- Lead/Final decision maker for architectural discussions.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, Programming, or similar field.
- Minimum ten years of professional experience developing commercial software.
- In-depth understanding of modern software architecture and methodologies.
- Extensive experience in object-oriented analysis and design.
- Extensive experience working with multiple languages and platforms.
- Extensive experience with QA & Testing, including unit tests, TDD methods, and automated testing.
- Strong aptitude for writing well designed, testable and efficient code.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong willingness and ability to mentor other engineers.
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodology, tools, and techniques.
- Experience with continuous integration and build automation.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment: learn rapidly and master diverse technologies and techniques.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Able to effect department-wide process changes/improvements. Able to work with management and other departments to implement cross-functional process changes and improvements.
- Experience working with React, react-redux and TypeScript highly desirable
- In-depth understanding of RESTful APIs – you have used and built APIs
- Familiar with Python, Groovy/Grails, Kubernetes, Docker, and Jenkins or similar build automation system
- Some knowledge of Java, C#, or some other object-oriented programming language
- Some understanding of service-oriented architecture, big data systems, and distributed computing
- Experience with AWS, Elasticsearch, and one or more relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server)
As a global leader in PR, marketing and social media management technology and intelligence, Cision helps brands and organizations to identify, connect and engage with customers and stakeholders to drive business results. PR Newswire, a network of over 1.1 billion influencers, in-depth monitoring, analytics and its Brandwatch and Falcon.io social media platforms headline a premier suite of solutions. Cision has offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information about Cision's award-winning solutions, including its next-gen Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.com and follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and perform at their best. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge and named a “Top Diversity Employer” for 2021 by DiversityJobs.com.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.