Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way—all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
As a Team Lead at Cision, you will design, build, and deploy our industry leading software. You will lead and drive various efforts on your team to build a scalable, stable platform that is reliable and performant serving thousands of clients.
What you will be doing:
- Lead development of highly crafted software solutions for the Public Relations and Marketing community
- You’ll work closely with the product owner and be their technical “point person” for help with understanding and prioritizing the backlog as well as triaging bugs
- You’ll also keep an eye on the team’s sprint overall so you can get a feel for when things aren’t going well. If they aren’t, you’ll communicate that to the product owner and any other stakeholders and work on reallocating team resources or start creating contingency plans
- You’ll be the last line of defense to verify that the definition of done is met and make sure to hold everyone accountable
- You’ll need to strike the balance for the team between building quality, maintainable software, getting work done that helps the business move forward and going down endless rabbit holes of refactoring to achieve code perfection
- You’ll facilitate cross team communication to make sure all teams involved have what they need to get work done and any risks are surfaced sooner rather than later
- Mentoring your team members will also be a primary concern for you. Working with management to understand the goals of your team members and delegate work in a safe and controlled way to get them the experience they need without increasing risk on projects
- Build highly scalable, high volume data processing pipelines with a DevOps mindset
- Help design, implement and improve our services while helping us adopt best practices
- Write clean, self testing, well documented code
Skills and experience:
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft .NET technologies
- Strong working knowledge of relational databases, preferably MySql
- Expertise using and building RESTful APIs
- Significant experience using front-end web libraries such as Angular or React
- Significant experience building and deploying microservices and converting legacy applications into modern architectures
- Advantage if you have experience with email systems such as SendGrid or PMTA
- Experience optimizing systems for performance and scalability
- Self-driven attitude with ability to lead projects autonomously and collaboratively
- Emphasis on building clean, quality code
- Strong experience with unit tests
- 1-2 years of experience leading teams or projects and be passionate about software delivery
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in software development, commercial software and methodologies is required. Broad exposure working on a variety of platforms is required
What we offer:
- High level of responsibility and room for experimentation
- A multinational, open, and informal work environment
- Great work-life balance and flexible work hours
- Talented peers and leaders, and motivating work culture
- Encouraged self-development through learning resources, conferences, and internal tech talks
- Access to the latest technologies
- Great remuneration package, sign-on bonus and social benefits
- This position is able to be worked remotely from Bulgaria indefinitely. Opportunity to work in an office may be available if desired.
As a global leader in PR, marketing and social media management technology and intelligence, Cision helps brands and organizations to identify, connect and engage with customers and stakeholders to drive business results. PR Newswire, a network of over 1.1 billion influencers, in-depth monitoring, analytics and its Brandwatch and Falcon.io social media platforms headline a premier suite of solutions. Cision has offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information about Cision's award-winning solutions, including its next-gen Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.com and follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and perform at their best. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge and named a “Top Diversity Employer” for 2021 by DiversityJobs.com.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.