Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way—all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
This is a Web Designer MNR/ARC and programming role that builds and maintains customers’ Multimedia News Release websites. This includes designing, building, and implementing new Web pages and sites with the use of a variety of Web and multimedia development tools.
As a Web Designer MNR/ARC you will drive technical and process improvements in the current workflow and scale the production team to meet the growing demands of PRNe’s multimedia wire customers. You will also act as a guide to the technical requirements needed to fulfil an MNR.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Using client data and project requirements build and produce a Multimedia News Release from a PR Newswire template for client approval
- Using experience of web authoring tools, coding languages and utilise applications such as Dreamweaver, Notepad ++ and Photoshop to create an MNR web page.
- Using extensive knowledge of HTML and CSS to hand code from scratch.
- Successful use of applications such as Avid to encode video files.
- Using knowledge of web video formats to advise clients on best practices and video usage.
- Will advise clients and internal staff the impact of web trends and technologies.
- Will work closely with Client Services Project Manager to help ameliorate the process and workflow to produce an MNR.
- Will work closely with the Marketing team and Client Services Project Manager to champion the product offering internally and externally.
- To administer and develop production processes for new products and services such as ARC and MNR reporting.
- Using strong editorial skills and high attention to detail will edit press releases for the MNR page.
- Ensure an MNR meets the clients’ requests within the expected turnaround time.
- Once the wire component to an MNR has crossed, ensure that social media links are made live and that post-production is underway.
- Check status of video links with video hosting provider and ensure an effective handover to MultiVu in US for the post-production elements of an MNR.
- Will have thorough knowledge of the Multimedia News Release and the products that PRNewswire has to offer, in order to carry out technical product demonstrations and answer technical questions with external and internal staff.
- Use admin skills to organize and manage multiple projects/tasks.
- Provide efficient and well-informed handover of MNR information to Client Services and other Multimedia Production Specialist.
- To ensure that quality checking of MNRs are carried out to a very high standard
- Will take an active role in developing new processes to streamline current operations.
- The ability to be trained and train others when new products are given to the MNR team.
- To use working knowledge of Adobe programmes to develop existing products and ameliorate the product offering
- Conduct research into current and emerging multimedia technologies and issues in support of MNR Web development efforts.
- Work with Client Services, Operations, Product, Marketing and MutliVu operations to design and implement new product features, operational procedures and updated multimedia development systems
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Development experience with web authoring tools
- Strong self management skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects/task
- Should have extensive knowledge of and be an advance user of Photoshop.
- Preferred: BSc in Computer Science or related field
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent editing and copywriting abilities
- Thorough knowledge of the Internet, Web Design tools, and will have an active interest in web technologies.
- Will have a strong grasp of web video formats and appropriate audio and video codecs
- Experience of training other staff in MNR production and programmes
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Have a good understanding of all Adobe programmes
What you will get
- Career progression opportunities
- Dental and healthcare plan
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Cision Extras – retail discounts
- Learning Portal
This role is for a start date ASAP with an expected salary of up to £30,000 per annum.
If this sounds like you and you feel you have what it takes to succeed in this role, we want to hear from you!
As a global leader in PR, marketing and social media management technology and intelligence, Cision helps brands and organizations to identify, connect and engage with customers and stakeholders to drive business results. PR Newswire, a network of over 1.1 billion influencers, in-depth monitoring, analytics and its Brandwatch and Falcon.io social media platforms headline a premier suite of solutions. Cision has offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information about Cision's award-winning solutions, including its next-gen Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.com and follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and perform at their best. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge and named a “Top Diversity Employer” for 2021 by DiversityJobs.com.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.