For Cision’s 13th annual State of the Media Report, we surveyed more than 3,800 journalists across 2,000+ media outlets and 17 markets across the globe. Their responses gave us key insights that PR professionals won’t get anywhere else.
Journalists told us about the challenges that keep them up at night, their highest priorities and what PR and communications professionals can do to improve and strengthen their relationships with the media.
Get answers to your big questions like:
- What are the biggest challenges journalists face right now? And how is that affecting the way they work with PR?
- What do journalists want – and need – from PR pros? There is a need and an opportunity for PR professionals to provide even more value.
- How are journalists utilizing social media? We asked reporters how they're using social media for their work and how communications professionals should interact with them on the platforms.
- What are the best practices for providing multimedia to the media? Journalists are using a variety of multimedia assets — from photos to videos to quizzes — but it differs by region.
- What are the PR approaches that really get journalists’ attention? Reporters are inundated with pitches and press releases. They told us what makes the good ones stand out.
Read the report and learn how to capture journalists’ attention and lay the foundation for a long-term, mutually beneficial partnership down the line.