Learn how to navigate the media during times of crisis.
It's a difficult time for brand communications and we at Cision want to help you be a trusted source of information for your industry in times of uncertainty. With rapidly shifting news cycles and growing concerns about COVID-19, we put together a panel of experts to share best practices and tips for brand communications in times of uncertainty.
In this on-demand webinar, hear from crisis communications experts and get answers to the most frequently asked questions surrounding comms and COVID-19.
The on-demand webinar covers:
- An analysis of the current media landscape surrounding COVID-19
- Tips on how your brand should communicate during a crisis, including crafting your response
- Answers to your biggest questions on handling the COVID-19 crisis
Jennifer Donahoe, Public Relations & Social Media Account Director at Planit Advertising
Jim Prosser, Managing Director of Corporate and Advisory Services at Edelman
Scott Peacock, Director of Public Relations and International Tourism at Visit Raleigh
Aisha Fletcher, Director of Public Relations & Communications at Brinker International
John McCartney, Managing Director at Wise PR
Bill Zucker, Partner, Managing Director at Ketchum
For the second part of our series, we brought in a new panel of experts to discuss the latest developments of the COVID-19 pandemic and how it's affecting the industry. They share best-practices, including how to "read the room" and the importance of empathy in communications.
- How to craft a response that isn't tone-deaf
- What you should be pitching to journalists during this time
- Tips for how communicators can be empathetic
- Answers to your biggest questions on COVID-19 and comms
In week 3 of our webinar series, we switched gears and brought in a team of our award-winning Cision Insights communications research experts to share key learnings from the COVID-19 media analysis reports they authored.
Our panel analyzes two distinct aspects of the COVID-19 Pandemic: How traditional and social media treat top US companies as defined by the volume of coverage they generate, and what COVID-19 trends in China can teach us as we navigate our day-to-day in the USA.
Part-three of the webinar series covers:
- Trends in COVID-19 media coverage, including the most frequently discussed markets, topics, industries and companies
- Learnings from China, including a trend analysis examining the relationship between infection rate and media coverage
- COVID-19 will impact the messaging and format of communications for months to come. We share examples of Chinese companies who are doing this well – both pre- and post “turning point”
Chelsea Mirkin, Senior Vice President of Cision Insights
Mark Weiner, Chief Insights Officer at Cision
Karinne Smolenyak, Director of Cision Insights
Bernd Hitzemann, Vice President of Cision Insights
Jennifer Nelson, Vice President, Corporate Communications at AbbVie
Will Briganti, Senior Director, Corporate Communications at Nasdaq
Lewis Goldberg, Managing Partner at KCSA
As a result of COVID-19, we are currently operating in a unique and difficult environment. Brands are repositioning their messaging and updating their strategies accordingly. Communicators have the expertise and tools to guide their company through this crisis. Now more than ever PR has an opportunity to prove its power and provide the C-Suite with strategic guidance.
For week 4 of our series, Cision and our panel of industry experts discussed best practices communicators can take right now to not only communicate with customers, but employees, stakeholders and the media.
This on-demand webinar covers:
- How to speak in the language of the C-suite in times of crisis
- Best practices for managing brand communications in a volatile media environment
- How to update your KPIs and earned media metrics when your media strategy has changed
- Steps you can take today to communicate thoughtfully and effectively to your audience
During the past several weeks, our webinar series hosted informative discussions with industry experts, highlighting best practices for adapting your communications plan in times of crisis. Although the most trying weeks of the COVID-19 pandemic are unfolding in many areas, it is important PR pros remain proactive and plan their comms strategy for when we start to see the light at the end of the tunnel. This is a sensitive time, and so it is especially important to emerge from this crisis with prepared messaging crisis that will resonate with your audience, while keeping a pulse on the overall atmosphere.
Join Cision and comms experts as they discuss post-crisis practices in relation to messaging, timing and brand reputation. The final on-demand webinar covers:
- Planning your brand's communications strategy post COVID-19
- Effective ways to communicate as a crisis peaks and starts to dissipate
- Timing and operations during the return to business-as-usual mode
Sara Leutzinger, Director, External Communications & Content Strategy at Boys & Girls Club of America
Leslie Kimball, Chief, Communications & Branding at Distilled Spirits Council
Brent Diggins, Partner at Allison+Partners