The Top Five Things We Love About Social Media
In celebration of Social Media Day #SMDAY we wanted to share the top five things we love about social media:
1) Information – Who knew we would be able to get the latest on gossip, celebs, politics, companies at our finger tips? Don’t take for granted this amazing ability to get an immediate pulse on global activities. This is history in the making.
2) Entertainment – Lady Gaga has redefined how artists can use a combination of controversy and multi-media to create a social media frenzy…certainly a fun one to watch.
3) You Can Complain and You Will be Heard – Ever wondered where your complaint letters went in the mail? Well now you don’t need to worry. Maybe you could even get a meal comp’d in real-time for a tweet that perhaps you wanted someone to hear but didn’t want to be known as a ‘complainer.’ Yes we know there are people like you…
4) Stay in Touch Across Borders – I bet now you have more friends than you ever did 10 years ago. Why? Because social media provides a way for us to stay in touch with a lot less effort.
5) Ease of Communication – Facebook, Twitter, and other social networking channels facilitate the exchange of vital information when other communication systems are disrupted.
What are some of the other things you love about social media? Leave a comment and let us know.
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.