“Fun Fact” Friday — 9/2: TOMS shoes!
Wow, Friday already? Well as we say hello to September, we also welcome the long holiday weekend. To send you all out for a fun, relaxing and safe weekend, here’s another “Fun Fact” featured profile…
Put mildly, I have a slight obsession with TOMS. I have all kinds of styles and colors and adore every single pair. I first found out about the company in college, when one of my roommate’s volunteered to host a Style Your Sole party at our house. It was there that I not only decorated my first pair (with pink and gold metallic paint — and glitter), but also met some great TOMS reps and really fell in love with the company’s mission. The One For One Movement is basically that TOMS will “match every pair of shoes purchased with a pair of new shoes given to a child in need.”
It’s been a growing love affair ever since…let’s just say that the hardest thing about choosing countless birthday presents, Christmas presents, etc. for friends and family has been what color to get them!
Ok, back to the point. Not only is this a great company with an amazing mission, the team behind it has done an outstanding job using grassroots and social media efforts to promote its message… TOMS’ Caitlin Coble was even featured in this TNW story as one of the “18 people behind your favorite social media accounts.” Here’s a quick look at some social media activity surrounding TOMS over the past 7 days:
- Over the past 7 days, there have more than 10,900 mentions postedrelevant to TOMS across Twitter, Facebook and Video.
- More than 8,856 unique Twitter users posted about the brand.
- There are some pretty big brands talking about TOMS on Twitter: the top three influencers by impact were @TeenVogue, @Nordstrom and @LIVESTRONG combining for a total of 967,069 followers.
- Facebook users are pro-TOMS with 86% mentions expressing positive sentiment, 5% neutral and 9% negative.
- The video that was shared this week with the most total views was “New Year II” by @mmitchelldaviss coming in at 344,571 views.
So there it is, have a fantastic and safe weekend… I don’t know about you, but I’ll be rocking my TOMS all over SF in this (forecasted) great weather!
Stay tuned for next week’s featured profile…what would you like to see featured?
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.