“Fun Fact” Friday — 9/23: Starbucks
This week’s featured profile is… Starbucks! (@Starbucks)
On September 6, 2011, the signature Pumpkin Spice Latte made its seasonal return. This drink has such a cult-following (me being one of those cult members), that the company launched a competition on Facebook to reward the biggest “PSL” lovers early access to it — a full week early! Not sure which city won that one, but it doesn’t matter now… PSLs for all! (…until they leave us again…)
Here’s a quick look at some of the social media activity around Starbucks over the past 7 days:
- Over the past 7 days, there have more than 56,679 mentions posted about Starbucks across the social Web.
- The top three influencers by impact on Twitter (excluding @Starbucks) are @womensweardaily, @MTV and @ABC, based on number of followers (totaling 4,479,867).
- More than 47,961 unique Twitter users mentioned Starbucks in their posts.
- Some of the “Top Mentions” based on shares came from @JensonButton, @iQuoteComedy and @womensweardaily.
- Twitter conversations were generally positive relative to the brand with about 58% of the mentions expressing positive sentiment, 19% neutral and 23% negative.
- Comparatively, Facebook commenters were even more positive with about 78% of mentions expressing positive sentiment, 11% neutral and 11% negative.
- The most shared videos were: The Starbucks Rant Song and Manny Pacquiao – Goes to Starbucks after Day 1 Training in Baguio on @YouTube.
- The most shared Web domains included: www.starbucksstore.com, twitpic.com, yfrog.com, instagr.am and www.yelp.com.
- And for good measure, some Pumpkin Spice Latte/generally awesome Starbucks-related tweets by @AshleyOrleski, @SaraBezdrob, @ChikAugh, @amanda_d8 and @areijm.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Communications Best Practices
Get the latest updates on PR, communications and marketing best practices.
Cision Product News
Keep up with everything Cision. Check here for the most current product news.
Thought leadership and communications strategy for the C-suite written by the C-suite.
A blog for and about the media featuring trends, tips, tools, media moves and more.